What accommodation should you choose? Watch

Solent University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Are you starting at Solent University in September but have no idea what halls to stay in?

Here is a thread to give you information about the different types of accommodation we offer at Solent. Feel free to ask me questions to help you find out what residences are best for you!
Diamondsoul
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
hello,
thanks for opening this chat ..
I will study at Solent this September and not yet decide which type of accommodation is best for me ?
is it better for international student to choose a private student hall , homestay with family or a university student hall ?
Solent University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hello,

It is great to hear you will be joining us this September. There are many different accommodation options available, but you have to choose which one is best for you.

The majority of our first year students usually stay in Halls or private halls, however some do rent a room in a house. Either works fine and you might find one is better suited for you.

As you will be in your first year, you may find it more beneficial to stay in either halls/private halls as you will meet a lot more people and so may find it easier to make friends. Staying in halls can also be a bit less stressful as you don't have to worry about paying all your different bills and things like that because you just a pay an amount of money which covers all of that stuff.

Private halls is slightly more expensive than non-private, but the rooms are slightly bigger. You can have a look on all their websites and take virtual tours which might help you decide, here is the link to our halls if you want to take a look https://www.solent.ac.uk/studying-at.../accommodation

I hope this helped, if you do have any more questions, please just ask!
(Original post by Diamondsoul)
hello,
thanks for opening this chat ..
I will study at Solent this September and not yet decide which type of accommodation is best for me ?
is it better for international student to choose a private student hall , homestay with family or a university student hall ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (26)
27.08%
No (55)
57.29%
Don't know (15)
15.63%

Watched Threads