The Student Room Group

Don’t have A-level grades for medical school

I don’t have GCSE or A-level grades, can I apply to medical school in the UK, if I would do self-study for the “required A-level subjects (Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths) and take the exam as a private candidate”

I have done bachelor degree, Masters and now doing a PhD, all in the UK (Art subjects). However, i’ve always wanted to go for medical degree but due to some problems i had at home, i didnt have a chance to do so.

Is it possiple to apply for a UK medical school if I will study A-levels by myself and take the exam as private candicate (given that I will achieve the requirements A-level grades and BMAT/UKCAT). Though I would not have GCSE grades

I would finance myself for the whole course of Medicine
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Lin14
I don’t have GCSE or A-level grades, can I apply to medical school in the UK, if I self-studied for the “3 required A-level subjects and take the exam as a private candidate” (given that I got A*A*A*) I have done bachelor degree, Masters and now doing a PhD, all in the UK (Art subjects). However, i’ve always wanted to go for medical degree but due to some problems i had at home, i didnt have a chance to do so. Is it possiple to apply for a UK medical school if I study A-levels by myself and take the exam as private candicate (given that I achieved the requirements A-level grades and BMAT/UKCAT). Though I would not have GCSE grades

Did you get the A levels within a 2 year period?
You keep changing tenses so its unclear if you already have A*A*A* or that is your aim?
What subjects do you have?
Medical schools have their own requirements, some emphasise GCSEs and others pay little attention other than requiring English and Maths usually at 6 or higher.
Are you trying for graduate entry or the full 5 or 6 year degree?
Have you researched how you will finance it?
Reply 2
Hello there, Thank you for your reply

I also had editted my post accordingly. So basically I haven’t sit the A-level exam yet, just hypothetically If I would be able to meet the minimum requirements of the grades by The universities. Most of them required AAA. I will be doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Maths (need to check which is required and which is not for each Med school)

I had a look, some Universities offer a graduate entry medicine, some don’t . So i guess I dont mind starting over. And I would finance myself for the whole duration of the course
Original post by 999tigger
Did you get the A levels within a 2 year period?
You keep changing tenses so its unclear if you already have A*A*A* or that is your aim?
What subjects do you have?
Medical schools have their own requirements, some emphasise GCSEs and others pay little attention other than requiring English and Maths usually at 6 or higher.
Are you trying for graduate entry or the full 5 or 6 year degree?
Have you researched how you will finance it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending