The Student Room Group

My relationship is fizzling out

Things started off really great but now it’s starting to get boring. Were alot more distant than we used to be aswell, nameley me. I believe it is something fixable, and i would rather try and bring that spark back rather than just give up. Also this is one sided. He seems perfectly happy and i feel bad for not feeling the same. I can tell he doesnt know i feel like this and im not sure the best way to raise my concerns/feelings.
I know one thing we need to do is spend more time together. Can anyone advise on any free/cheap date night ideas? Anything that is romantic or will help to get us to know each other a bit more would be great too. It’s been 6 months and i need to feel more connected to him
Original post by Anonymous
Things started off really great but now it’s starting to get boring. Were alot more distant than we used to be aswell, nameley me. I believe it is something fixable, and i would rather try and bring that spark back rather than just give up. Also this is one sided. He seems perfectly happy and i feel bad for not feeling the same. I can tell he doesnt know i feel like this and im not sure the best way to raise my concerns/feelings.
I know one thing we need to do is spend more time together. Can anyone advise on any free/cheap date night ideas? Anything that is romantic or will help to get us to know each other a bit more would be great too. It’s been 6 months and i need to feel more connected to him

Invite them round and cook together, that doesn't cost much :smile:
A long walk/hike, a lot of museums/art galleries are free or only ask for a donation, or you could have a nice night in & watch movies and have snacks.

A relationship won’t work without communication & trust so I think you should definitely tell him how you feel, maybe just let him know that you’ve distanced yourself and explain why you think that’s happened x

Quick Reply

Latest