n9595
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I’m currently on an access course and planning on studying computer science in September at either UEA or Sussex, but really struggling to make my mind up on which one.

I’ve been to an applicant day for both, and really liked the vibe they gave off. In fact, I though that they both feel very similar campus-wise.

UEA offered me a foundation year (likely due to not having GCSE B in maths), but on the applicant day the head of admissions told me that my access course maths content should trump it, and that I’d likely be put onto the regular degree.

Does anybody have any experience with either uni? I was hoping that after visiting both I would get a strong preference for one, but I really don’t know what to do now 😔
excitedpresent
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by n9595)
Hi,

I’m currently on an access course and planning on studying computer science in September at either UEA or Sussex, but really struggling to make my mind up on which one.

I’ve been to an applicant day for both, and really liked the vibe they gave off. In fact, I though that they both feel very similar campus-wise.

UEA offered me a foundation year (likely due to not having GCSE B in maths), but on the applicant day the head of admissions told me that my access course maths content should trump it, and that I’d likely be put onto the regular degree.

Does anybody have any experience with either uni? I was hoping that after visiting both I would get a strong preference for one, but I really don’t know what to do now 😔
did sussex offer you a foundation too? if not, i'd say take sussex straight away. UEA have not guranteed that you would be put on the regular degree, are you willing to take that chance.

i'm at sussex now, and this uni is pretty dank. it's close to brighton which is a cool city, and if night life is important to you, it has v.v good nightlife.
let me know if you have any other questions.
n9595
Rep:
?
Sussex offered me the regular degree, so that’s part of the reason why I’m thinking of going there.

Do nights out always end up in Brighton? It seems a bit out of the way to get to on bus, and very expensive probably?
(Original post by neuronal)
did sussex offer you a foundation too? if not, i'd say take sussex straight away. UEA have not guranteed that you would be put on the regular degree, are you willing to take that chance.

i'm at sussex now, and this uni is pretty dank. it's close to brighton which is a cool city, and if night life is important to you, it has v.v good nightlife.
let me know if you have any other questions.
excitedpresent
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by n9595)
Sussex offered me the regular degree, so that’s part of the reason why I’m thinking of going there.

Do nights out always end up in Brighton? It seems a bit out of the way to get to on bus, and very expensive probably?
Yeah, would definitely recommend going to sussex if they're offering you the normal degree then.

It depends, some people like to travel to London for nights out (it's only an hour on the train). But most people go to Brighton bc they have a lot of decent clubs/pubs.
Hm, well, going from sussex uni to brighton by train only takes 10 mins : ) on bus, it takes 30 mins so just depends which transport you use. train is £2.30 with railcard, bus is £3.60 (both return). Idk if that's expensive (got nothing to compare it with) but for me it's a decent price.
n9595
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate it
(Original post by neuronal)
Yeah, would definitely recommend going to sussex if they're offering you the normal degree then.

It depends, some people like to travel to London for nights out (it's only an hour on the train). But most people go to Brighton bc they have a lot of decent clubs/pubs.
Hm, well, going from sussex uni to brighton by train only takes 10 mins : ) on bus, it takes 30 mins so just depends which transport you use. train is £2.30 with railcard, bus is £3.60 (both return). Idk if that's expensive (got nothing to compare it with) but for me it's a decent price.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads