Remainers - In case you haven't signed the petition...

Watch
Turquaz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm posting the link here for you:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

Let's get it up to 17.41 million signatures. That's not totally impossible.
username4280702
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Last edited by username4280702; 1 year ago
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Signed
username3973192
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I thought this was not allowed at first but apprentlyyou can post links to petitions on TSR as long as they meet certain requirements.

Hopefully this petition hits 3mil today
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by thestudent33)
I thought this was not allowed at first but apprentlyyou can post links to petitions on TSR as long as they meet certain requirements.

Hopefully this petition hits 3mil today
Already has
Turquaz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you patriots.
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
After 3 years struggling to ignore the result, the losers are making their last desperate play. They're demanding democracy be ignored in case people change their mind
Nalk1573
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
just cancel brexit

they can't riot all day and all year. it will pass.
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can I ask you in what ways no deal Brexit will benefit the country?
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
After 3 years struggling to ignore the result, the losers are making their last desperate play. They're demanding democracy be ignored in case people change their mind
Arisapo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm a remainer and would still be if the first election was held today but I won't be signing.

It completely devalues the first election that 30 million people voted for in 2016 - how does having another election help matters at all? It just confuses things further.

Are we going to have a best of three if remain wins this time? It just stinks of bitter remainers who didn't get their own way.

Should we have left the EU? No. But we did and that was the democratic decision.
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We haven't left yet, just started the legal mechanism by which we leave
(Original post by Arisapo)
I'm a remainer and would still be if the first election was held today but I won't be signing.

It completely devalues the first election that 30 million people voted for in 2016 - how does having another election help matters at all? It just confuses things further.

Are we going to have a best of three if remain wins this time? It just stinks of bitter remainers who didn't get their own way.

Should we have left the EU? No. But we did and that was the democratic decision.
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can't. I'll put down my reasons. You'll challenge them. I'll challenge you back. Neither of us will change our minds. The remain v leave debate has been done. Leave won. Any debate now needs to be deal v no deal. I refuse to indulge in anything where remain's treated as an option
Arisapo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
But it was democratically voted by the majority of voters that we should leave so why do we need another election?

It s**** completely on democracy and this is coming from someone who campaigned to remain.
Zamestaneh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The majority of civilians are dumb and shouldn't even have the right to vote - saying democracy doesn't mean jack. If a populace voted for the genocide of another, would it be right? No, it would be dumb. Similarly, most people think with their emotions and are not equipped to make decisions affecting the nation. There are literally no benefits to Brexit beyond some abstract concept of 'sovereignty'; we will be economically screwed over by it.
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because the vast majority of people who voted Leave were deceived by false promises and lies which have later shown to be untrue. Even I was swayed (I voted Leave and now have changed my mind, although not for the usual reasons)
(Original post by Arisapo)
But it was democratically voted by the majority of voters that we should leave so why do we need another election?

It s**** completely on democracy and this is coming from someone who campaigned to remain.
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They really haven't. There's as many lies on the remain side that have been proven false. That's politics for you. People say whatever to win the vote. There's nothing to change that
hello_shawn
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Remain won't benefit the country either, it was all part of Lord EU's plan to subvert the member countries' democratically-elected institutions and make them mere pawns of a despot. Any entity that stepped out of line would be punished, in this case the UK for daring to leave. The UK would have been plundered from the top down and turned into the barren wasteland that Remain campaigners were warning about, even if we had remained, just so that we'd be taught a lesson for being a bunch of naughty kids.
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay so say we leave with May's deal, we'll basically have to pay the same amount into the EU whilst still being subject to all their rules and regulations but we won't be able to have a say in how the EU is run. So we might aswell just stay in the EU because it's pointless
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
You can't. I'll put down my reasons. You'll challenge them. I'll challenge you back. Neither of us will change our minds. The remain v leave debate has been done. Leave won. Any debate now needs to be deal v no deal. I refuse to indulge in anything where remain's treated as an option
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're trolling with this surely? If you think the EU is treating us badly wait until we do leave and Trump has us for breakfast
(Original post by hello_shawn)
Remain won't benefit the country either, it was all part of Lord EU's plan to subvert the member countries' democratically-elected institutions and make them mere pawns of a despot. Any entity that stepped out of line would be punished, in this case the UK for daring to leave. The UK would have been plundered from the top down and turned into the barren wasteland that Remain campaigners were warning about, even if we had remained, just so that we'd be taught a lesson for being a bunch of naughty kids.
Arisapo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s politics, it’s full of lies and false promises.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (107)
13.49%
I'm not sure (36)
4.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.52%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.52%
I'm not a current university student (388)
48.93%

Watched Threads