Primary school pupils “spouting far-Right racist views” in sign of growing extremism Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Primary school pupils are “spouting far-Right racist views” in a sign of the growing extremist threat in Britain, the head of the Government’s counter-extremism commission warned today.

She said the threat was being fuelled by a new breed of “slick, professionalised, intellectualised” extremists who were using social media and other methods to spread their toxic ideas.

The threats posed by the far-Right, Islamists, anti-Semites and hard-Left radicalisers were all growing as a result, with a major “whole-society push back” needed in response.

The warning from Ms Khan, who met security minister Ben Wallace this week to discuss the far-Right threat, comes in the wake of the New Zealand mosques massacre and a spate of foiled terror plots here, including Mr Mahmoud being abused by a bus passenger and then spat at by a cyclist.

“I’ve come across teachers and youth workers telling me how young primary age children are spouting far-Right, racist, xenophobic points of view, coming from their parents,” she said. “I hear it from the other side, from people providing support to head teachers dealing with parents with Islamist extreme views. I don’t think people fully appreciate the scale of that.”

Four of the 18 terror plots that have been foiled since 2017 have involved far-Right extremists. The emergence from 2014 of the now banned far-Right group National Action has fuelled the problem and MI5 has been drafted in to combat the threat.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/p...-a4098491.html
Decahedron
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe we could introduce tolerance lessons :rofl:
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I bet that’s what’s turning nine year olds to extremism; ‘slick, professionalised and intellectualised’ extremists.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Qup
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So far-right, Islamists, radical leftists and the lot are now turning young children of primary school age into racist individuals. Wow, would have guess that was ever going to happen!

Also, a phobia is an irrational fear, some people's fears are not.
xDron3
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest
Wōden
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well I can't possibly think why young people would be gravitating towards such views. One thing is for certain though, increasing multiculturalism and diversity are absolutely not to blame. Everybody knows that cramming loads of radically different demographics into one territory, only ever leads to greater unity and love between people, it definitely doesn't lead to tension, social discohesion and conflict, like all these far-right fascists claim it does. Clearly more diversity is required, it's the only thing that will make the people who don't like diversity, like diversity. We should all follow the example set by The Democratic Republic of the Congo, which is statistically one of the most ethnically diverse nations on Earth, and I'm sure I don't need to tell you what a becon of peace, stability and racial harmony that fine nation is.
Last edited by Wōden; 4 weeks ago
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Probably should speak to my 8 year old brother, lol.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
and who's fault is that?🤔
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Good.
username521617
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What exactly are they calling "Far right extremism" though? Because people tend to be a bit careless with that description nowadays.
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dandaman1)
What exactly are they calling "Far right extremism" though? Because people tend to be a bit careless with that description nowadays.
Lower taxes
ThomH97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What are the kids actually saying?

Kids have been bullying other kids who look, sound or behave differently forever, and while that should be corrected, there is a growing tendency these days to label more things as 'far-right', 'racist' and 'xenophobic'. I would like to decide for myself rather than trust the interpretation of a politician who needs to publicise the issue to increase their status.
DrMikeHuntHertz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are they really extremist or do they just have an alternative opinion?
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dandaman1)
There are only two genders.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.74%
No - but I will (64)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (392)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise