My ANKI decks for OCR BIO

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
MrGoreHelp
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Since stating that I achieved an A in OCR biology by making and using ANKI decks, many people have been asking me to share them.

Firstly, I would like to say that I used my anki cards with past papers, and overall past papers are still the best way to prepare for the exams.

Secondly, I'm not sure if you will get as much use out of just using my cards as opposed to making your own cards.

Thirdly, I don't think the cards are exhaustive. I didn't include everything from the OCR textbook.

I also made a past paper tracker for old spec papers(also in the folder).

Here's the link to my ANKI decks and my past paper tracker: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...3F?usp=sharing

Below is a quote on how another student achieved an A* which some might find useful.

(Original post by JStebz)
Hi, I managed to get an A* for OCR Bio A2 this year for the new spec. I got 192/270 (176 or something is the A* borderline). As for advice,

1. A level Biology is VERY memory orientated, so make sure you keep checking through your textbook / notes that you UNDERSTAND near enough all of the content (it isn't as hard as you think). The reason why I capitalised 'understand' is because it makes it so much easier to understand the biology in order to remember things.

2. When faced with an exam question, if it isn't pure data analysis, then it will ALWAYS reference at least one part of the syllabus that you would have learned. If you find in a paper that a question is particularly tricky / vague, think of any area of your knowledge that links to the question and reference that in your answer.

3. With calculation questions, it just comes with practice. Ask your teacher for some improvised calculation questions that are in a similar style to what you might find in an exam. Do every calculation question that you can do in the practice / sample / past papers, understand where you went wrong if you get questions wrong, and fix the misunderstanding.

4. Do all of the past / practice / specimen papers that you can for the new syllabus, and do your best to understand the 'vibe' of the mark scheme to the questions; i.e what examiners look for in answers to score marks.

Good luck! Hope this helps.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Sineha
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
When I try to download the ANKI cards they don’t seem to work. Is there any other way I can access them?
okikagu
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much! They were really useful
MrGoreHelp
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by okikagu)
Thank you so much! They were really useful
You're welcome. Glad they helped
RoseTaylor13
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Sorry but it doesn't seem to work on laptop/computer and phone.Tried with logging into google drive but didn't make a difference. Would appreciate it if you resent them or in a different format.I'm trying to self study ocr bio … only few months left so any resources would be great.
RoseTaylor13
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sineha)
When I try to download the ANKI cards they don’t seem to work. Is there any other way I can access them?
So did it eventually work?? -if so, please let me know how??? thank you
d0nkey_dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
this looks great thank you so much!
RoseTaylor13
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
are you able to download it?? cause it's not opening up on mines. please helppppp or send screenshots to me??
Baby_Mama
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Where I try download it, it says "no preview available' something like that.
bruhmomento
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
thank you so much the cards are amazing!
mcxllinson
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
anyone got ocr a level chemistry ones?
TheBrightSavage
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bruhmomento)
thank you so much the cards are amazing!
How did you access them? Can't seem to get them opened on laptop??
TheBrightSavage
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MrGoreHelp)
Since stating that I achieved an A in OCR biology by making and using ANKI decks, many people have been asking me to share them.

Firstly, I would like to say that I used my anki cards with past papers, and overall past papers are still the best way to prepare for the exams.

Secondly, I'm not sure if you will get as much use out of just using my cards as opposed to making your own cards.

Thirdly, I don't think the cards are exhaustive. I didn't include everything from the OCR textbook.

Here's the link to my ANKI decks and my past paper tracker: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...3F?usp=sharing

Below is a quote on how another student achieved an A* which some might find useful.
How do you get them open?!
TheBrightSavage
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by d0nkey_dude)
this looks great thank you so much!
How did you access them?
mcxllinson
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheBrightSavage)
How did you access them?
download them , it will automatically open anki
TheBrightSavage
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mcxllinson)
download them , it will automatically open anki
doesn't seem to work for me...am on a laptop
mcxllinson
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheBrightSavage)
doesn't seem to work for me...am on a laptop
do you have anki downloaded
joshhaigh15
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thank you

they look amazing

(Original post by MrGoreHelp)

Thank you they look amazing
TheBrightSavage
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mcxllinson)
do you have anki downloaded
Yes I do, but they don't seem to open.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (86)
19.5%
The paper was reasonable (167)
37.87%
Not feeling great about that exam... (118)
26.76%
It was TERRIBLE (70)
15.87%

Watched Threads