Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
This question is to help my friend. She is a prospective medic student. Her dilemma is that Imperial in her opinion doesn’t have as much diversity as UCL. As a girl coming from an Afro-Carribbean background, she is looking for gospel societies and African-Carribbean societies.

Imperial: she thinks the accomodation is amazing, the place on the league table is good, place in London is good and she recieves a £4000 bursary. The offer is AAA.

UCL: she thinks the accomodation is ‘disgustingly expensive’ and her loan wont cover it. She doesn’t like the accommodation and she recieves a £500 bursary. The offer would be AAB.

In general, she gravitates towards UCL because of the diversity despite its disadvantages in comparison to Imperial.

Is there anything you can tell me about the diversity at Imperial to help provide her with all the information before she makes her decision?
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This question is to help my friend. She is a prospective medic student. Her dilemma is that Imperial in her opinion doesn’t have as much diversity as UCL. As a girl coming from an Afro-Carribbean background, she is looking for gospel societies and African-Carribbean societies.

Imperial: she thinks the accomodation is amazing, the place on the league table is good, place in London is good and she recieves a £4000 bursary. The offer is AAA.

UCL: she thinks the accomodation is ‘disgustingly expensive’ and her loan wont cover it. She doesn’t like the accommodation and she recieves a £500 bursary. The offer would be AAB.

In general, she gravitates towards UCL because of the diversity despite its disadvantages in comparison to Imperial.

Is there anything you can tell me about the diversity at Imperial to help provide her with all the information before she makes her decision?
if you are studying Medicine at Imperial you will have wayyyyy more important things to worry about than diversity. it is true though UCL will be better for things like that. neither uni will have that many black people though.
Anonymous #1
Bump!
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
What halls did she visit at UCL? There's a lot of different halls that vary in quality and price. I was at the cheapest possible and it was far from disgusting.
Anonymous #1
She meant disgustingly EXPENSIVE
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
What halls did she visit at UCL? There's a lot of different halls that vary in quality and price. I was at the cheapest possible and it was far from disgusting.
Anonymous #1
Frances Gardner, she said most of the accomodation is old and not modern.
(Original post by Anonymous)
She meant disgustingly EXPENSIVE
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (292)
65.62%
No (153)
34.38%

Watched Threads