The Student Room Group

Retake year 12?

I’m currently in year 12 studying physics chemistry and philosophy.
In physics I’m only getting grade E in my mocks
Chemistry I’m getting D
Philosophy I’m getting a B
I’m wanting to do physics at uni but worried I won’t get a good grade and thinking of retaking year 12 what’s would you suggest ?
Original post by Delilah23
Chemistry I’m getting D
I’m wanting to do physics at uni but worried I won’t get a good grade and thinking of retaking year 12 what’s would you suggest ?

Talk to your teacher and id why you are struggling so much. It may be solvable or it may be you just arent suited to Physics?

It is up to the school whether they allow you to retake the year. It requires exceptional circumstances, but its up to them. Its easier if you are doing fresh subjects. I am not against redoing years, but you need to be able to make a case it will be effective and not involve repeating the same mistakes.
what do you intend to do after a levels? I'm in a similar situation, so i know how much work you will be willing t put in. for me im getting an E in chemistry, i f-ing hate it. although i could get a goof grade if i tried it would be sacraficing my mental health so i want to swicth. is there another subject you could switch to ? get a private tutor? how do your parents feel about it? have you told them ?
Original post by Delilah23
Chemistry I’m getting D
Reply 3
Original post by asdfgkillmenow
what do you intend to do after a levels? I'm in a similar situation, so i know how much work you will be willing t put in. for me im getting an E in chemistry, i f-ing hate it. although i could get a goof grade if i tried it would be sacraficing my mental health so i want to swicth. is there another subject you could switch to ? get a private tutor? how do your parents feel about it? have you told them ?

I want to go to uni and also I do like physics so I wouldn’t want to change it
moved to the a-levels forum:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest