The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Not even remotely scared and I work pretty close to where it happened every day :p:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 101
I'd be interested to hear more about the "moderate" (well - normal, I guess) side of Islam, because the images of Islam by and large transpired through the media are not particularly positive ones. It's seems to be acts of violent extremism that are usually covered.

Society is controlled by the media to a large extent, so it would be interesting to hear this more moderate strain of Islam making itself heard more - perhaps by becoming more media savvy and creating 'stories' that the media and public will be interested in.

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/displa...pNodeId=142330 by the by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuzFd2aBoHI - Incidentally, a friend of mine sent me this a few weeks ago and recommended converting to Islam. Don't think I will, but thought I'd pass it on!

Last edited by Dave2 : 3 Hours Ago at 11:08.

Well I think if there was more people like you who are understanding then the world would certainly be a better place. However as you pointed out media has a great influence on society and there arent many people who look the other direction.

Most people dont consider the imapct that media has on younger "moderate" muslims, it certainly hurts having the media of the country u live in do nothing but spoil the reputation of ones religion. I must also state that there are more than 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide they can't all be extremists. ALso, extremists exist in Muslim countries and they do such awfull things in the name of Islam to many relaxed Muslim families or shall I say normal Muslim families.

I am sorry to say that the websites wont upload for me :s-smilie: :s-smilie: I will try again in a few mins.
Reply 102
ladytoxic
Who, like me, is now scared ****less to come to Exeter ? :smile: Well, maybe not THAT scared, but a little worried...

i really don't think there is any need to worry and i think everybody is taking it pretty much as a joke :rolleyes: there's a group on facebook "the exeter bomber - probably the worst terrorist in the world"

i mean this is exeter :smile: i think everybody is pretty clueless at why anyone would bother bombing us in the first place

don't worry, i know i'm not
It really is a bloody joke! Our headlines are about bridal shops closing leaving brides without dresses! The headline after the bomb was about gypsies not having a caravan park....Nothing Happens here is an exaggeration :wink: I expect that if I cow ended up in the centre of town it would be bigger news than the bomb :wink:
Reply 104
Sephrenia
It really is a bloody joke! Our headlines are about bridal shops closing leaving brides without dresses! The headline after the bomb was about gypsies not having a caravan park....Nothing Happens here is an exaggeration :wink: I expect that if I cow ended up in the centre of town it would be bigger news than the bomb :wink:

haha that was a headline for our north devon local paper a few weeks ago :biggrin: it was a two page story about how a cow had escaped into the centre of a town
kayzy
haha that was a headline for our north devon local paper a few weeks ago :biggrin: it was a two page story about how a cow had escaped into the centre of a town

I think thats my point proven :rofl:
EDIT: It would make big news in London - I doubt they even know what cows look like there :p: But I can see 2 cows and about 10 sheep from my window :wink:
Reply 106
Thats just it, the papers not really reporting it just shows how much people don't really care too much, in the evening of the day I took a little wonder into town to see what was going on and overheard a few people talking about it, but even then it was considered something of a joke. Terrorists bombing Devon? Don't make us laugh!

I think its good in a way that the whole media hyperbole hasn't caught itself up in all this. One of the main aims of terrorism is to get people talking, get people scared, fearing for their safety and in going about their day to day lives, causing uproar and panic. And here, as is shown, no-one is really too bothered and couldn't really care less. Just one of the many reasons I love Devon.
Thought this might give people a giggle - http://www.eurfc.com/files/images/bbcarticle.PNG
Reply 108
TheLandOfNorwegia
Seriously, who cares? She didn't mean it in any negative way so what the **** does it matter?

He*
Reply 109
Sephrenia
Thought this might give people a giggle - http://www.eurfc.com/files/images/bbcarticle.PNG

:rofl:
Reply 110
Was that article for real? Wow, Giraffe has really hit the media big time now! :rofl:
Sephrenia

Someone made an image of a flybe plane flying in to the old Debenhams building... anyone been sent it?
Haha! Wish I had been sent it!

Latest

Trending

Trending