The Student Room Group

Recurring Dream Meaning

I've been having this recurring dream for months now and wondered if it has a deeper meaning. I run around a school like building that's in a circular shape, with no visible way out, constantly. While running in this big circle people in my life will join me and run with me for a short while before a voice shouts their name and they stop running and disappear before they leave they usually say something to me like "good luck". Might be stupid but the dream is always in the same building and the same voice, any ideas would be appreciated x
(edited 5 years ago)
It means your being mind controlled.
Original post by Lou29
I've been having this recurring dream for months now and wondered if it has a deeper meaning. I run around a school like building that's in a circular shape, with no visible way out, constantly. While running in this big circle people in my life will join me and run with me for a short while before a voice shouts their name and they stop running and disappear before they leave they usually say something to me like "good luck". Might be stupid but the dream is always in the same building and the same voice, any ideas would be appreciated x

I'm no psychoanalyst, but perhaps it's telling you about where your life is and about the choices you'll be soon facing? Maybe you feel like your life is going around in circles - the daily monotony of doing the same thing and people around you are not there to help you break it, but they're there to encourage you to break out of your routine that you got yourself into perhaps?

I dunno I need more context - who are these people, what role do they have in your life and how do they influence your life on a daily basis? Are they teachers, friends, family, acquaintances? What is the voice? female, male - what tone? Is it your own voice - maybe that's why you can distinguish it because it's so familiar it's not distinctive enough to break the circle? Who's telling them to leave and why aren't they calling your name? It sounds like the people there are helping you to keep motivated to keep running but eventually, you'll have to do something by yourself - they're encouraging you to grow up and become independent and self-sufficient?

I dunno, I could be well off!
Original post by Lou29

Dreams are you contemplating on your memories so if you have been doing something more than once over the course of a week then you will dream about more than twice because you have to make a memory out of it.

Quick Reply