Sophieeelou
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I don’t have any highers and I’m sitting them next year (2019-2020). I’d like to go to uni to study languages (Spanish & french).

I’m having to do crash higher french, what should I do if I don’t get the grades I need?
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there. I studied French, Spanish and Japanese at university. I also did Highers and Advanced Highers.

Could you explain your situation a little more in depth? I'm not really sure what you're asking - sorry!
(Original post by Sophieeelou)
I don’t have any highers and I’m sitting them next year (2019-2020). I’d like to go to uni to study languages (Spanish & french).

I’m having to do crash higher french, what should I do if I don’t get the grades I need?
Sophieeelou
Rep:
?
Hiya & it’s okay

I missed S5 so I haven’t sat any higher exams, but I’m returning to school for S6. My subject choices are
Higher English
Higher Spanish
Crash higher french
Nat 5 maths

If I don’t get the French grade I need for university what options do I have to eventually get into Uni or get a career in languages
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hiya & it’s okay

I missed S5 so I haven’t sat any higher exams, but I’m returning to school for S6. My subject choices are
Higher English
Higher Spanish
Crash higher french
Nat 5 maths

If I don’t get the French grade I need for university what options do I have to eventually get into Uni or get a career in languages
I think you might need to do 1 more Higher to get into Scottish universities after S6.

If you're not able to get your grades next year, you could consider going to college and doing a year there. I know of some people who did that but I'm not sure exactly what course/s they did.

I'm also attaching 2 documents that I made for Higher French and Spanish when I was studying/tutoring them.
Sophieeelou
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quick-use)
I think you might need to do 1 more Higher to get into Scottish universities after S6.

If you're not able to get your grades next year, you could consider going to college and doing a year there. I know of some people who did that but I'm not sure exactly what course/s they did.

I'm also attaching 2 documents that I made for Higher French and Spanish when I was studying/tutoring them.
Thank you! I’ll talk to my guidance teacher about sitting another higher & I’ll have a look into what college courses I’d need to do as there isn’t many for languages

Thank you lots! I appreciate it.
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're most welcome! I can help you with English/French/Spanish as much as you like.

What subjects are you interested in? You could take maybe something like History or Religious, Moral Philosophical Studies etc.
Thank you! I’ll talk to my guidance teacher about sitting another higher & I’ll have a look into what college courses I’d need to do as there isn’t many for languages

Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, let me know how you get on with wanting to do another Higher.

Also, have a look at this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2320896
I made this thread to help students with French and Spanish. I've already given you the 2 documents so don't worry about downloading them again.

Sophieeelou
Rep:
?
Hey, let me know how you get on with wanting to do another Higher.

Also, have a look at this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2320896
I made this thread to help students with French and Spanish. I've already given you the 2 documents so don't worry about downloading them again.
Hiya! I went in to talk to guidance and I’m taking higher drama (as most unis see it as an art & I’ve also some experience in the performance area)
And thank you for the thread! It’s really helpful.
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! Drama sounds like a fantastic choice and if you're interested in it, go for it.

Highers can be quite tough - just make sure to continuously keep up to date with your notes etc. I was always really good at essay writing so I chose subjects like History and Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies as well as my languages and English.

As an aside, I found RMPS extremely easy - if you're interested in the subject area at all, have a read into it.

Also, if you use the documents I gave you, you'll be sure to get full marks on your writing pieces for French and Spanish making it all the more doable to get a B or an A even if you're struggling with the listening/reading components.
Hiya! I went in to talk to guidance and I’m taking higher drama (as most unis see it as an art & I’ve also some experience in the performance area)
And thank you for the thread! It’s really helpful.
Sophieeelou
Rep:
?
Hey! Drama sounds like a fantastic choice and if you're interested in it, go for it.

Highers can be quite tough - just make sure to continuously keep up to date with your notes etc. I was always really good at essay writing so I chose subjects like History and Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies as well as my languages and English.

As an aside, I found RMPS extremely easy - if you're interested in the subject area at all, have a read into it.

Also, if you use the documents I gave you, you'll be sure to get full marks on your writing pieces for French and Spanish making it all the more doable to get a B or an A even if you're struggling with the listening/reading components.
I’ve started making flash cards with the phrases & volcab from the documents & also the verb conjugations to try learn as much as I can & keep on top of my studying
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (20)
28.17%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (7)
9.86%
No I am happy with my choice (40)
56.34%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.63%

Watched Threads