The Student Room Group

What am I lacking?

Before I didn't really care about my appearance but ever since I had a crush on this guy I always end up comparing my face to other prettier girls and as a result I just feel not good enough. I made random guys rate me on Instagram to get mainly 7 or 8 out of 10 but the fact my crush doesn't like me makes me feel as if I have something lacking.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Before I didn't really care about my appearance but ever since I had a crush on this guy I always end up comparing my face to other prettier girls and as a result I just feel not good enough. I made random guys rate me on Instagram to get mainly 7 or 8 out of 10 but the fact my crush doesn't like me makes me feel as if I have something lacking.

Now when ever I see my face all I see in my acne scars and my asymmetrical nose.
Honestly the thing with pretty women is we love them, any of you, you can be stupid, dull, downright mean and we'll still like you. But some of us guys are looking for a partner and some of us who have been in long relationships know that those looks aren't everything. Maybe what you're lacking is a compatible personality.
It's not about comparing yourself to others, it's about being courageous and going up to him to talk.
beauty is only skin deep. what you have inside is what matters.
Reply 5
Original post by tashkent46
Honestly the thing with pretty women is we love them, any of you, you can be stupid, dull, downright mean and we'll still like you. But some of us guys are looking for a partner and some of us who have been in long relationships know that those looks aren't everything. Maybe what you're lacking is a compatible personality.

I don't believe I have bad personality I am a nice to people and sympathise for them and I quite smart (not trying to be arrogant) but I still don't get what this boy wants.
Reply 6
Original post by hello_shawn
It's not about comparing yourself to others, it's about being courageous and going up to him to talk.

I have talked to him occasionally but honestly I am so insecure he could talk to any girl and I would believe he likes her as she is prettier than me.
I don't believe I have bad personality I am a nice to people and sympathise for them and I quite smart (not trying to be arrogant) but I still don't get what this boy wants.

Why do you think he does not like you, I guess it is about your appearance? How is he around you, do you message him, do you see him often?
Reply 8
Why do you think he does not like you, I guess it is about your appearance? How is he around you, do you message him, do you see him often?

He is shy and introverted so it is difficult to decode him he gives me mixed signals sometimes I see him staring at me. When we have a convo he is super awkward and nervous. But in the same time we have texted each other and sometimes he doesn't watch my snapchat stories. When I compliment he doesn't compliment me back.
I still don't get what this boy wants.

He wants something ineffable that you don't have.
He is shy and introverted so it is difficult to decode him he gives me mixed signals sometimes I see him staring at me. When we have a convo he is super awkward and nervous. But in the same time we have texted each other and sometimes he doesn't watch my snapchat stories. When I compliment he doesn't compliment me back.

Are your compliments direct or indirect and is it only one sided? Don't worry about Snapchat I just flick through people's stories so even if he did watch it he may not have actually paid attention. The thing is you get in what you put out, if he doesn't seem interested in you he probably isn't, but if he makes an effort to talk to you and stares at you he probably likes you a little bit at least.
Are your compliments direct or indirect and is it only one sided? Don't worry about Snapchat I just flick through people's stories so even if he did watch it he may not have actually paid attention. The thing is you get in what you put out, if he doesn't seem interested in you he probably isn't, but if he makes an effort to talk to you and stares at you he probably likes you a little bit at least.

the compliments are more like "I like your hair", "I like your shoes " etc
the compliments are more like "I like your hair", "I like your shoes " etc

Well they're quite vague I've had girls in relationships tell me they like my hair, I wouldn't think they liked me. Try be a little more direct or compliment a specific characteristic of his. Say for example you like how nervous he seems around you and you think it's cute.
Well they're quite vague I've had girls in relationships tell me they like my hair, I wouldn't think they liked me. Try be a little more direct or compliment a specific characteristic of his. Say for example you like how nervous he seems around you and you think it's cute.

But tbh I don't want desperate or creepy
But tbh I don't want desperate or creepy

Well I've been in that situation before where I've felt like that and guess what? He's not the right guy for you. Someone you like won't make you feel desperate or creepy just to compliment them, they'll appreciate you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending