thisisthais
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I applied and started my course in September 2017. I was about to study Psychology (extended), because I needed the Foundation Year. The Foundation Year was not exclusive to Psychology degree, it was a Science one that could lead to studying a 1st Year in Biomedical Science, Criminology, Paychology, Optometry and etc.

From the 4 modules on the first semester I failed 1. The next semester I was doing 5 modules. I started to struggle with family issues and some mental health problems which lead me to fail 2 out of the 5 modules. After summer and thinking about my course and the fact I was going to re-sit the 2 modules from Sep/18 and start my 1st Year in January (because this Uni offers a lot of courses in January) I decided I was going to change course, whoch wouldn’t affect the modules I needed to resit as the foundation year was the exact same. With the family problems getting worst, December came and after doing both exams I realised I failed one of the 2 modules. Which lead me to be studying only this module until May/Jun and only start my 1st Year this next upcoming September.

With all of this, I’ve realised SFE needed to pay my Uni all the 4 modules I had to re-sit from my Foundation.

Which makes me wonder how will the upcoming Uni Years be? Will I be funded for my 1st and 2nd Year of the course and I will have to self fund the 3rd one?

I didn’t fail a whole year, re-siting 4 modules equals to one semester from the Foundation...

As I stress a lot over getting money, I am applying for the Maintenance Loan this year, which also makes me wonder that, if I don’t get the Tuition Fee Loan on my 3rd Year, will I still get the Maintenance?

I still have loads of time but if I’d have to self fund myself, I need to have this in my right now so I can figure out how to save the money until I need it.

Sorry for the LONG message, but I am freaking out over here.
Last edited by thisisthais; 1 year ago
SFE Nihad
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,

How can we help?

Regards,
Nihad
thisisthais
Rep:
?
My question is if I will be funded? I explained the whole situation in my previous message!

Thank you very much.
(Original post by SFE Nihad)
Hi there,

How can we help?

Regards,
Nihad
SFE Nihad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by thisisthais)
My question is if I will be funded? I explained the whole situation in my previous message!

Thank you very much.
Hi there,

I cannot see your previous message. My message above seems to be the first thing on the thread.

Regards,
Nihad
thisisthais
Rep:
?
“I applied and started my course in September 2017. I was about to study Psychology (extended), because I needed the Foundation Year. The Foundation Year was not exclusive to Psychology degree, it was a Science one that could lead to studying a 1st Year in Biomedical Science, Criminology, Paychology, Optometry and etc.

From the 4 modules on the first semester I failed 1. The next semester I was doing 5 modules. I started to struggle with family issues and some mental health problems which lead me to fail 2 out of the 5 modules. After summer and thinking about my course and the fact I was going to re-sit the 2 modules from Sep/18 and start my 1st Year in January (because this Uni offers a lot of courses in January) I decided I was going to change course, whoch wouldn’t affect the modules I needed to resit as the foundation year was the exact same. With the family problems getting worst, December came and after doing both exams I realised I failed one of the 2 modules. Which lead me to be studying only this module until May/Jun and only start my 1st Year this next upcoming September.

With all of this, I’ve realised SFE needed to pay my Uni all the 4 modules I had to re-sit from my Foundation.

Which makes me wonder how will the upcoming Uni Years be? Will I be funded for my 1st and 2nd Year of the course and I will have to self fund the 3rd one?

I didn’t fail a whole year, re-siting 4 modules equals to one semester from the Foundation...

As I stress a lot over getting money, I am applying for the Maintenance Loan this year, which also makes me wonder that, if I don’t get the Tuition Fee Loan on my 3rd Year, will I still get the Maintenance?

I still have loads of time but if I’d have to self fund myself, I need to have this in my right now so I can figure out how to save the money until I need it.

Sorry for the LONG message, but I am freaking out over here.”

This was the message I posted.
Thank you.
Hi there,

I cannot see your previous message. My message above seems to be the first thing on the thread.

Regards,
Nihad
SFE Nihad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
“I applied and started my course in September 2017. I was about to study Psychology (extended), because I needed the Foundation Year. The Foundation Year was not exclusive to Psychology degree, it was a Science one that could lead to studying a 1st Year in Biomedical Science, Criminology, Paychology, Optometry and etc.

Sorry for the LONG message, but I am freaking out over here.”

This was the message I posted.
Thank you.
Hi there,

In total, how many years will you have studied when you finish your current degree and what will the name of your new course and university be?

Regards,
Nihad
thisisthais
Rep:
?
5 years. 1 Foundation + another year doing the modules I failed + 3 years of new degree.

Crime and Investigative Studies (not sure if extended or not, as the foundation for this new one is the same as the one I was doing for psychology, and since I am about to complete, it doesn’t really matter the name on the foundation as long as in September is CIS). I’m studying at Anglia Ruskin University btw
Hi there,

In total, how many years will you have studied when you finish your current degree and what will the name of your new course and university be?

Regards,
Nihad
SFE Nihad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
5 years. 1 Foundation + another year doing the modules I failed + 3 years of new degree.

Crime and Investigative Studies (not sure if extended or not, as the foundation for this new one is the same as the one I was doing for psychology, and since I am about to complete, it doesn’t really matter the name on the foundation as long as in September is CIS). I’m studying at Anglia Ruskin University btw
Hi there,

So if you've studied two years and require further funding for three years, your calculation would work out as 3 + 1 - 2 = 2 years of funding to cover years two and three. This means you will have to self fund your tuition fees for year one. You can apply for Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) by showing proof of your extenuating circumstances. We could consider to offer fees for year one as well.

The evidence needs to include the following where applicable:
-Signed and dated
-Confirms the reason why you could not continue with you studies for the year you failed and
-When this took place

And just to give you some examples, this is a non exhaustive list of what we can accept:
-Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
-Letter from your university on headed paper
-Letter from Social Services on headed paper
-Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
-Death Certificate and/or
-Birth Certificate

We accept clear photocopies.

Regards,
Nihad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise