?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm doing Soviet union 1917-1990, GDR AND British warfare
Luckyduckiee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
based off of what hasn't come up my teachers have said its possible religion could come up, politics and economics questions based around 1953-85 (Brezhnev + Khrushchev bc they haven't come up yet), education. For historical interpretations no questions have been based around nationalism being the main reason. I don't know many others, but those are some.
Elly Barlow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not sure religion and education will come up as that was on our AS paper, and the only period for economics that hasn't been covered is 1917-28, so I think a Lenin and Stalin economy question is likely. Not sure about social developments and control of the people, but it definitely won't be women as that has come up twice. Completely agree with you on nationalism though.
(Original post by Luckyduckiee)
based off of what hasn't come up my teachers have said its possible religion could come up, politics and economics questions based around 1953-85 (Brezhnev + Khrushchev bc they haven't come up yet), education. For historical interpretations no questions have been based around nationalism being the main reason. I don't know many others, but those are some.
mattme1963
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
AS paper is unrelated to the A Level paper so I maintain that religion/education is likely, perhaps with a question on the 'most significant social development was...', or a comment on how the nature of education changed during the time period?

Whilst 1917-1928 economics has not come up, neither has 1964 - 1985. If I had to bet a limb on some content, I would speculate that a question on Soviet economic decline during the Brezhnev/Andropov era is most likely.

Regarding government, anything post-Stalin has not come up yet. Perhaps we'll see a question on government change 1953 - 1985, or a question on de-Stalinisation.

I don't do GDR, but I can say that, for Experience of Warfare, the Crimean War is almost certain to come up in some format. Perhaps a Section C on the role of the populace, but I sure hope not.

Good luck fellow historians!
Floyd_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It hasn't happened before but is anyone willing to guess the likelihood of two economy questions in section A?
I'm wondering whether it's best to focus my final revision on government, control of the people, and the fall of the USSR.

Seems to me most exams follow:
A) Government or Economy.
B) Control of the People or Social Developments.
C) Reasons for the Fall of the USSR.
AAC237
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeh. I’ve been wondering if i could've got away with just revising 3 sections instead of 5
(Original post by Floyd_)
It hasn't happened before but is anyone willing to guess the likelihood of two economy questions in section A?
I'm wondering whether it's best to focus my final revision on government, control of the people, and the fall of the USSR.

Seems to me most exams follow:
A) Government or Economy.
B) Control of the People or Social Developments.
C) Reasons for the Fall of the USSR.
ZaraB02
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I was wondering what came up in the end? It would really help with my mock revisions x
Jonathanjacks
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what came up for GB warfare??
Jonathanjacks
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sampeb)
hi can you remember the questions for GB experience of warfare?
IDEK 2020
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone remember the question for GDR Edexcel history paper 2019?
khaxx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Sampeb)
Hi, do you remember what came up in your soviet union paper?
khaxx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Luckyduckiee)
khaxx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Elly Barlow)
I'm not sure religion and education will come up as that was on our AS paper, and the only period for economics that hasn't been covered is 1917-28, so I think a Lenin and Stalin economy question is likely. Not sure about social developments and control of the people, but it definitely won't be women as that has come up twice. Completely agree with you on nationalism though.
khaxx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by ZaraB02)
Hi I was wondering what came up in the end? It would really help with my mock revisions x
Hi, did you ever find out what came up in the soviet union paper?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (15)
25.86%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.9%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
62.07%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads