AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m sure being spat at and hissed at counts as disrespect too
(Original post by #love2learn)
Yeah no go and accuse us why don't u.
People shouldn't behave like this, honestly u people are just so disrespectful.
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The discrimination suffered by British natives by Muslims doesn’t really matter because we’re Kuffar and were seen as less than human
(Original post by Professional G)
So one form of discrimination is more impotent than other examples because your heart says so? Is this really what you are saying?
#love2learn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
I’m sure being spat at and hissed at counts as disrespect too
Of course it is.
Look i'm sorry on their behalf even though i don't know them but trust me not every Muslim is like this there are some Muslims who caring, kind, helpful, loving and respectful.
#love2learn
Rep:
?
So one form of discrimination is more impotent than other examples because your heart says so? Is this really what you are saying?
Look i don't know OK.
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The discrimination suffered by British natives by Muslims doesn’t really matter because we’re Kuffar and were seen as less than human
There are tons of good Muslims out there but it doesn’t help when there are also tons of bad apples. What people don’t know is discrimination is a two sided coin. Both sides suffer from regular hate crimes and discrimination. It isn’t fair to disrespect one form for another
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
#love2learn
Rep:
?
No u're not OK.
anonymous.2000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The comments on this thread towards Islam and Muslims are disgusting.. with most comments jumping to conclusions about Islamic rulings with no context whatsoever. If you haven’t studied Islam, then keep your nasty comments to yourself. No one will pick and choose violent verses of the Bible but will do so for the Qur’an. All terrorist actions should be condemned regardless of religion, race, etc.
#love2learn
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonymous.2000)
The comments on this thread towards Islam and Muslims are disgusting.. with most comments jumping to conclusions about Islamic rulings with no context whatsoever. If you haven’t studied Islam, then keep your nasty comments to yourself. No one will pick and choose violent verses of the Bible but will do so for the Qur’an. All terrorist actions should be condemned regardless of religion, race, etc.
Thank you
MiszShorTea765
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymous.2000)
This. Thanks a lot for this. I read a couple of comments on here, and was disgusted by majority of the comments on this thread.
Professional G
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Look i don't know OK.
What do you mean you don’t know? Discrimination isn’t okay at all. Why is it so hard to understand? Seriously take a good look at yourself. Someone talks about facing discrimination and you can’t even believe in their experience. Perhaps you should learn to be more respectful. Being part of the problem only makes things worse
#love2learn
Rep:
?
What do you mean you don’t know? Discrimination isn’t okay at all. Why is it so hard to understand? Seriously take a good look at yourself. Someone talks about facing discrimination and you can’t even believe in their experience. Perhaps you should learn to be more respectful. Being part of the problem only makes things worse
Oh why don't u leave me alone. I never said that discrimination is OK, it isn't.
Look don't question my character, i am a good Muslim.
Just leave me alone.
Instead of telling me this why don't u tell others who have no respect whatsoever!
Decahedron
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh why don't u leave me alone. I never said that discrimination is OK, it isn't.
Just leave me alone.
Instead of telling me this why don't u tell others who have no respect whatsoever!
Respect is earned not given.
Professional G
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just leave me alone.
Because you’re the one attacking her version of discrimination. Discrimination isn’t okay in any situation. Then why do you think she isn’t telling the truth? Don’t question her experience then. It goes both ways.
Didn’t you see my previous posts saying discrimination isn’t okay? I’m only on your case because you questioned her experience. I think it’s rude and disrespectful. Good Muslims would respect and acknowledge her experience not doubt her.
Last edited by Professional G; 4 weeks ago
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MiszShorTea765)
This. Thanks a lot for this. I read a couple of comments on here, and was disgusted by majority of the comments on this thread.
You only read a couple so how can you be disgusted by the majority? :beard:
Alisha999
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When hate crime strikes, regardless of what religion/sexuality the victims are, we all are affected. Or shall I say we all should be affected. Why? Because we breathe the same air, we walk the same land, we bleed the same blood. It's called humanity. We are all in this together. So, when haters think they can divide us through hate we prove them wrong- we come back reunited with love. That's the way to retaliate to hateful acts. 2 of the same sides of a magnet repel and opposites attract. So by retaliating through anger and hate we add more fuel to the fire and it doesn't solve the problem but rather makes it much worse. Instead, we must deal with hatred with the exact opposite. we come back reunited with love, more stronger, standing in solidarity and creating a barrier and every time hatred strikes again we make this barrier stronger to the point that we are so strong that no hate can ever divide us.
This is humanity and this is what we should all do. We should all show these haters that we can all get along.

These horrific acts taking place are just barbaric. The haters are testing our patience but we will not allow them to defeat us. If all of humanity works together we will NOT be defeated. X
Reformed
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dangerousmonkey)
Can we all just take a moment to remember that this sort of extremist behaviour been going on since the beginning of time? The Americans slaughtered an entire race of indigenous people so that they could have their land. 1 million Jews were massacred not too long ago. My entire race, of black people, were taken, enslaved, victimised and lynched. Or the whole Catholics vs Protestant thing during the Tudor reign or even the IRA. We now realise that these things we did were wrong and we have, to an extent learnt from those mistakes through years of activism and education and resilience. Can we not at least TRY to do the same now?
that whole " Catholics vs Protestant thing during the Tudor reign" really chimes in this discussion. well put
MiszShorTea765
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
I meant I skimmed read it. When i’m disgusted by something there’s no point in reading the whole thread.
Reformed
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Alisha999)
When hate crime strikes, regardless of what religion/sexuality the victims are, we all are affected. Or shall I say we all should be affected. Why? Because we breathe the same air, we walk the same land, we bleed the same blood. It's called humanity. We are all in this together. So, when haters think they can divide us through hate we prove them wrong- we come back reunited with love. That's the way to retaliate to hateful acts. 2 of the same sides of a magnet repel and opposites attract. So by retaliating through anger and hate we add more fuel to the fire and it doesn't solve the problem but rather makes it much worse. Instead, we must deal with hatred with the exact opposite. we come back reunited with love, more stronger, standing in solidarity and creating a barrier and every time hatred strikes again we make this barrier stronger to the point that we are so strong that no hate can ever divide us.
This is humanity and this is what we should all do. We should all show these haters that we can all get along.

These horrific acts taking place are just barbaric. The haters are testing our patience but we will not allow them to defeat us. If all of humanity works together we will NOT be defeated. X
What you are taking about is essentially the principle of 'an eye for an eye' and its an admirable critique you make. unfortunatly the principle of an eye for an eye comes from within the quran itslef ( as well as all the Abrahmic cultures -christianity judaism etc). so little chance of your words being heeded
Last edited by Reformed; 4 weeks ago
username1976009
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I never understood the beard emoji lol what purpose does it serve?
(Original post by Decahedron)
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MiszShorTea765)
I meant I skimmed read it. When i’m disgusted by something there’s no point in reading the whole thread.
I regularly read threads and post that disgust me so that I can fully understand the opinions or arguments being expressed.

It is important to understand what you are coming up against.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (453)
38%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.57%

Watched Threads