Mosque attack in Birmingham Watch

Decahedron
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by BradleyAustin97)
I never understood the beard emoji lol what purpose does it serve?
To me it is a pondering man.
username1976009
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks, makes sense.
(Original post by Decahedron)
To me it is a pondering man.
Supaida
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
You live in a non Muslim country; these things are going to happen.
So because of the faith, somebody follows they should just accept that a terrorist could come at any time and harm them during their practice?
. But hey at least you aren’t being put to death like Christian converts in Islamic countries so that’s good, right?
"At least you aren't being put to death"- Potentially- if this terrorist smashed the windows of the place of worship do you really think he wouldn't put Muslims to death?

You talk as if all Muslims are accepting of Christians being put to death in Muslim countries, well let me tell you this I don't accept that. I don't think it's right. I sympathise with Christians getting killed in Muslim countries because of the faith they follow and it sickens me to death that anybody would think they have the right to take somebody's life away just because of their faith.

This person you were replying to is genuinely fearful and is calling for us to stand together regardless of our beliefs and rather than stamping out hate crime and terrorism you just tell her 'these things are going to happen'? Shouldn't you be standing with her against hate crime, against terrorism?
Last edited by Supaida; 4 weeks ago
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Persecution of Christians in some Muslim majority countries is well documented; look it up on google
and persecution of muslims is also well documented. Stop hiding behind the internet and come face to face and then we can talk. People like you are the actual problem.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Decahedron
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Supaida)
So because of the faith, somebody follows they should just accept that a terrorist could come at any time and harm them during their practice?
Why did you change my original post? I didn't write what you quoted.
Supaida
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
Why did you change my original post? I didn't write what you quoted.
Apologies, I meant to tag angryredhead- I don't know why it came up with your name. I'll change it.
y.u.mad.bro?
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The discrimination suffered by British natives by Muslims doesn’t really matter because we’re Kuffar and were seen as less than human
Can we bring up the discrimination suffered by the people duribg the British Empire? that was okay?
username521617
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think 'Mosque vandalism' might be a better description. 'Attack' at first glance makes it sound like people were assaulted, or like the guy went in there with a gun, Christchurch style.

Some windows were busted with a hammer.
Supaida
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dandaman1)
I think 'Mosque vandalism' might be a better description. 'Attack' at first glance makes it sound like people were assaulted, or like the guy went in there with a gun, Christchurch style.

Some windows were busted with a hammer.
Do you not think this was a kind of terrorist attack?
The definition of terrorism- "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."
This man unlawfully attacked the mosque- it was against the law to break the windows- imagine if there was somebody in there, they could've gotten hurt.

Why did he break the windows? He was Islamaphobic.
username4561728
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)Persecution of Christians in some Muslim majority countries is well documented; look it up on google
I am not even Muslim, and even I can tell your comments are dense.
username521617
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you not think this was a kind of terrorist attack?
The definition of terrorism- "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."
This man unlawfully attacked the mosque- it was against the law to break the windows- imagine if there was somebody in there, they could've gotten hurt.

Why did he break the windows? He was Islamaphobic.
There have been no terror charges.

Besides, I haven't disputed his motivation. I'm simply suggesting that the term 'vandalised' seems more appropriate here than 'attacked' as the latter conjures a slightly misleading image.
Supaida
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There have been no terror charges.

Besides, I haven't disputed his motivation. I'm simply suggesting that the term 'vandalised' seems more appropriate here than 'attacked' as the latter conjures a slightly misleading image.
So charges ultimately define an attack?

Let's say this was a Muslim man who attacked an alternate place of worship in the same way? Would you be saying the same thing?
username521617
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So charges ultimately define an attack?

Let's say this was a Muslim man who attacked an alternate place of worship in the same way? Would you be saying the same thing?
If a Muslim man broke a few church windows I wouldn't exactly call that a terrorist attack, no. I'd charge him with vandalism, disturbing the peace, and probably give him community service.
Supaida
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If a Muslim man broke a few church windows I wouldn't exactly call that a terrorist attack, no. I'd charge him with vandalism, disturbing the peace, and probably give him community service.
But is it not terrorism.
Vandalism is an illegal act.
This man did it because he was islamaphobic clearly- so there's his political motivation.
Palmyra
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Megxn0)
Victim-blaming at its finest. Would you tell Christians being attacked in a Muslim-majority to “accept it” and that “these things happen” ?
Was waiting for someone to call those losers out on their BS, these morons make distinguishing between criticising Islam as an ideology and insulting Muslims more tenuous.

The rise in islamophobia in the U.K. is quite scary and I hope actions are taken to ensure all British citizens feel safe in this country.
Palmyra
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sayema1)
well where are you from? because clearly not from muslim major country because i live in Saudi Arabia and trust me we here put up banners update status for a LOST DOG LMAO xD and u say "likely Muslims"? Girl/boy you really need to live with one muslim to know them properly before judging them xD
KSA is a great example of religious tolerance; no church windows have been destroyed or churches vandalised in Saudi.

Might have something to do with the fact there are no churches, mind.
username521617
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
But is it not terrorism.
Vandalism is an illegal act.
This man did it because he was islamaphobic clearly- so there's his political motivation.
Not everything with a political, religious, or bigoted motivation is necessarily terrorism. That would make almost every hate crime a terror attack, which they aren't.

It was a guy who got angry about Muslims, broke some windows, then turned himself in. Not exactly a very terror-like plot there, you know.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

"At least you aren't being put to death"- Potentially- if this terrorist smashed the windows of the place of worship do you really think he wouldn't put Muslims to death?

You talk as if all Muslims are accepting of Christians being put to death in Muslim countries, well let me tell you this I don't accept that. I don't think it's right. I sympathise with Christians getting killed in Muslim countries because of the faith they follow and it sickens me to death that anybody would think they have the right to take somebody's life away just because of their faith.

This person you were replying to is genuinely fearful and is calling for us to stand together regardless of our beliefs and rather than stamping out hate crime and terrorism you just tell her 'these things are going to happen'? Shouldn't you be standing with her against hate crime, against terrorism?
Why would I stand with her when she subscribes to a faith which would have me to put to death (both for being Christian and LGBT?)

The post above mine is a perfect example of the homophobia of Islam btw
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PetrolHead26)
Don't care much bout this, but why tf are schools teaching lgbt and other gay shi. Idm people being gay, but please don't force it on our kids. Keep that shi to urselves
They should teach it in secondary school but I do think children should know more about them. As well as teaching about different religions and ethnicities, shouldn’t sexuality be discussed?
Friend98765
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The comments in this thread are sickening me
We are in Britain and we should RESPECT every person regardless of their race, religion, sexuality etc.

There are a few racists morons that have thought about occupying this thread to spread hatred of Islam. These few racists don’t represent the whole uk population and if you see there are so many people in the uk that values every religion.

I have Muslim friends and they are very nice people. So I apologise on behalf of any of those affected by the comments made.

Let’s spread love and positivity and stop spreading hatred.
Last edited by Friend98765; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (453)
38%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.57%

Watched Threads