Sophieeelou
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I’m really stuck for ideas for my discursive/persuasive essay. I done the “importance of feminism for both genders” for my National 5, and I want to do something different this year , I was thinking like existence of aliens but I know that it’s not very political so probably won’t get a good mark, does any one have any other ideas?
goldilocks12
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some ideas from my Higher class last year:
The Burqa ban in France
The Tv series (and book) 13 reasons why has a negative impact on teenagers and their view of suicide
Children and teens need to read more
Everyone should learn a foreign language
Auto tune is misleading and should be regulated more
Sophieeelou
Rep:
?
Thank you so much! I’ll research them all a bit then see which I think would be best for me x
Lala143
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Never done this before but I would go for Veganism/ Vegetarianism or Animal Testing as they're quite easy and you can give solid evidence and it's somewhat politically and scientifically arguable.
Sophieeelou
Rep:
?
I would love to do vegetarianism as I am a vegetarian but out school try to get us not to use it as a topic because it’s so popular but I had an idea about doing the effect of livestock on the environment x
cocoxoxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm looking to do a discursive essay on feminism this year, could you send me yours so I can get some ideas on what to write. I'm completely stuck.
AJ1NS
Badges: 10
Report 1 year ago
you can always do things about abortion and the conflict with that around the world and even in the UK. you can also do how women dress because that is also a topic of conversation and you could discuss r*pe cuture and things relating to that maybe? if you don't want to do sensitive topics maybe about the state of education within the UK ? bringing up recent events like Gove and what he did etc. idk, hope this gave you some ideas, vegan or vegetarianism are good ones that have been mentioned too :0
Lala143
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I ended up doing mine about the death penalty and got a distinction but that was for a mock
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.71%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.29%

Watched Threads