The Student Room Group

Things you wish you did/wish you knew before you were 18?

Even though you always have to learn from your mistakes rather than ponder them what would you tell your younger self/wish your younger self knew?

I wish I worked harder at A-Levels and I wish I did more social sciences at A-Level rather than Chemistry and Biology. (Too difficult + unrelated to what I've ended up doing.)

I also underestimated the jump in difficulty from GCSEs to A-Levels.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Themysticalegg
Even though you always have to build on your mistakes rather than ponder them what would you tell your younger self/ wish your younger self knew?

I wish I worked harder at A-Levels and I wish I did more social sciences at A-Level rather than Chemistry and Biology.

I have a similar wish, i regret doing three sciences and business, wish i'd done maths business and other subjects instead.
I wish I had took driving lessons.
Reply 3
Apprenticeships are better than degrees, you should not eat raw sausages, it does not matter which uni you go to, nor getting As, eating two cans of plums is a very, very bad idea. Ferrets do need a cage. The list can go forever.
Reply 4
Not much to tbh, should’ve known that university isn’t as glamorous as it’s displayed. Like already mentioned getting A’s is not important, be in the process of building a cv and applying for jobs even if it’s just voluntary. Engage in a sport before 18
Original post by claireestelle
I have a similar wish, i regret doing three sciences and business, wish i'd done maths business and other subjects instead.

Ah, what do you do nowadays if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Themysticalegg
Ah, what do you do nowadays if you don't mind me asking?

I work in a pharmacy
Original post by Unexpectedly
I wish I had took driving lessons.

Same. I wish I'd done them when they were on offer for free from my parents when I was 17 and when I had the spare time to just do it! I waited until I was 23 and it was a pain.
Reply 8
I don’t understand why people don’t take driving lessons during university.

Quick Reply