The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

anything fr pride and prejudice
make sure to add social historical context
i need help !!!!! how do i memorize quotes for tmrw
Anyone doing Much ado about nothing lol
whats gonna be on the paper for A Christmas carol and Macbeth? Any ideas?
Is anybody doing Jane Eyre? only class doing it.. anyone got tips?
Reply 346
Original post by rottencoconut
What would we be able to say about Macduff? i feel like he wasn't overly significant other than the whole born-of-woman thing, which is more about Macbeth than Macduff

we can explore the idea that he juxtaposes Macbeth because he's far from being ambitious however still very powerful. He's so noble and loyal to the degree that he puts the welfare of Scotland ahead of the welfare of his own family
GO ON SENECA.. it has everything and is so easy to cram with for macbeth. legit i was getting 5s then i did the whole seneca on macbeth and got an 8-
Original post by effffff
Please can I have some help for Macbeth eg Context for Kingship, Guilt, Good vs Evil and betrayal as these are the predictions thanks that wold be great If you can help me
flashcards are the easiest for quotes. on the front write what it relates to. and on the back the quote. make sure uno how to use the quote though. only memorize ones you can use
Original post by mochi959
i need help !!!!! how do i memorize quotes for tmrw
Thanks
should u write an introduction and a conclusion with your answer, im doing Romeo and Juliet and a christmas carol and im not really sure how i should structure my answer
i think you get marks for organisation, structre, and how coherent it is. I would definetly include these in ur answer
Original post by AntiExams987
should u write an introduction and a conclusion with your answer, im doing Romeo and Juliet and a christmas carol and im not really sure how i should structure my answer
Original post by snazzy viking
it's on my birthday

so excited ... :frown:

well happy birthday for tomorrow. Good luck
Original post by yara.k
we can explore the idea that he juxtaposes Macbeth because he's far from being ambitious however still very powerful. He's so noble and loyal to the degree that he puts the welfare of Scotland ahead of the welfare of his own family

Also, you can compare the tone of macduff saying "my pretty little chickens"( showing affection) and the tone of Macbeth saying "my dearest chuck"( belittling lady Macbeth)
Even for a christmas carol
Original post by izzym026
GO ON SENECA.. it has everything and is so easy to cram with for macbeth. legit i was getting 5s then i did the whole seneca on macbeth and got an 8-
Macbeth is shown to be a Machiavellian tyrannical ruler. For example, Shakespeare writes 'bleed, bleed poor country', which suggests the country is wounded under Macbeth's rule. Furthermore, the repetition of 'bleed' emphasizes this, and compares Scotland to a soldier of the battlefield.
The witches are presented to be a powerful, influential force whom convert 'noble' characters into 'tyrants' and 'hell-hounds'. The witches speak in trochaic tetrameter which perhaps reflects the way they are different to the other characters and outlines them as the supernatural. The Jacobean were especially afraid of witches, and in particular, James 1 even wrote a book about witches, called daemonologie.
In "A Christmas Carol," readers are given a character who is so detached from society that he feels his only responsibilities are his self-serving financial matters. This early description of Scrooge is Dickens' condemnation of the wealthy industrial class that emerged in the 19th century, particularly during the industrial revolution, who abused their social privilege and took advantage of those in "need and want."
v good
Does anyone have any predictions for Romeo and Juliet

Latest

Trending

Trending