What happens after brexit?

Watch this thread
username4410950
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Everything in the news has me confused... I feel like I am going crazy and searching up everything is just taking up so much of my time when i have bloody exams getting closer and 24637483 assignement to do
I am an EU citizen but I have been living in the UK for 5 years and a bit, currently a full time student in the healthcare field. I have applied for permanent residency (Is this the same as indefintie leave to remain?) and was successful so what exaclty am I applying for when brexit happens - to my understand EU citizens have to apply for a settlement scheme but do I need to apply too since i have a permanent residency?

Also, I have a UK driving licence..will I be able to drive to the EU when brexit happens? and what if it's a no deal brexit, what then?! It's just stressing me out because we're planning to go to the EU in April but have no idea if we're allowed to pass the border, or drive there with a UK licence
And when will we know if it's gonna a no-deal brexit a deal brexit?

Thanks and sorry if I rambled
Joleee
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
hi, i moved your thread to University life.

does your school have a visa team? if so i would speak to them asap as i'm sure they'll be able to help. sorry i can't help you personally but i feel your immigration pain. i'm new to the UK myself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads