How to celebrate?

Watch this thread
fish finger fan
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Just been putting my GCSE exams onto my phone calendar. I've put a little message for myself after my last exam (physics paper 2), but I don't know how to properly celebrate the end of doing GCSEs.

I just wanted to know what other people are planing on doing or did do.

Would finishing your last exam be too early to celebrate, would it be better to wait until you have got your results? I don't want to celebrate in June, and then get awful results in August ( not likely to happen, but you never know) .
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I guess you can "feel relieved" that the exams are over in June, and if in August your results are good you can treat yourself to a night out or something. There is a lot of time between end of exams and start of new school year though
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fish finger fan)
Just been putting my GCSE exams onto my phone calendar. I've put a little message for myself after my last exam (physics paper 2), but I don't know how to properly celebrate the end of doing GCSEs.

Would finishing your last exam be too early to celebrate, would it be better to wait until you have got your results? I don't want to celebrate in June, and then get awful results in August ( not likely to happen, but you never know) .
Don't have any suggestions, I think I spent the first few days free confused, feeling that another exam was around the corner and I should be revising, followed by relief as it sunk in.
username2940194
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
i'm an a level student and i've been having similar thoughts! tbh, if you're working hard then you should be able to celebrate that!
when i did my gcses 2 years ago (that's mad to say that wow), on the day of my last exam, my 3 closest friends came to mine and we took photos, ate food, talked and also ripped up all of our revision and threw it away (not all of it but the bits that we knew nobody could make use of)
on results day, tbh i didn't really celebrate that much although i did get a cake which was so nice.

i have no plans as of now but i'm sure i will nearer the time
fish finger fan
Rep:
(Original post by Skeletonclique21)
i'm an a level student and i've been having similar thoughts! tbh, if you're working hard then you should be able to celebrate that!
when i did my gcses 2 years ago (that's mad to say that wow), on the day of my last exam, my 3 closest friends came to mine and we took photos, ate food, talked and also ripped up all of our revision and threw it away (not all of it but the bits that we knew nobody could make use of)
on results day, tbh i didn't really celebrate that much although i did get a cake which was so nice.

i have no plans as of now but i'm sure i will nearer the time
Eating nice cake and ripping up revision notes, good idea!
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
My teacher said that after she sat her maths gcse..she burnt all her maths revision resources.....she despised it!! Thinking of doing similar for english lit!
fish finger fan
Rep:
(Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
My teacher said that after she sat her maths gcse..she burnt all her maths revision resources.....she despised it!! Thinking of doing similar for english lit!
You despise English lit too? I despise it with a passion:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5832488
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
You despise English lit too? I despise it with a passion:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5832488
High Five to you then !!
fish finger fan
Rep:
(Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
High Five to you then !!
I might burn the revision notes and books, and dance on the ashes.
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I might burn the revision notes and books, and dance on the ashes.
You know what...that's an incredible idea.....I'll join u
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Results day BBQ. Fuel: Textbooks
Burnt Toast
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago

Burn my notes. All of them.
fish finger fan
Rep:
I will eat a really nice cake, while burning all my revision notes. Then I will dance on the ashes. (I'll dance like Theresa May)

Totally have never danced like this in the school corridor. Well, maybe once.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads