Adjustment for unconditional offer holders 2019

Watch
Mustafa0605
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi
I hold a conditional unconditional which I firmed to make unconditional. On the ucas website I’ve been told I could be eligible for adjustment. Does anyone know anything about my situation?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
Hi
I hold a conditional unconditional which I firmed to make unconditional. On the ucas website I’ve been told I could be eligible for adjustment. Does anyone know anything about my situation?
its a complicated situation but i believe since the initial offer was conditional that last year they allowed people to use adjustment but call ucas to check.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on how your firm choice makes your offer unconditional. There’s 2 ways they can do it - one will allow you to be eligible, the other won’t.

Even if the option is available on Track in August it’s possible that universities that you want to adjust to will decide that you aren’t eligible if your offer conditions make it clear that there’s no academic conditions if you firm that choice.
Mustafa0605
Rep:
?
The degree was made unconditional when I firmed it. I did speak to the uni and they told they can’t force me to stay in it and I can be placed in clearing if I wanted but obviously adjustment is preferable for me as I secure the place while looking for better options.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The degree was made unconditional when I firmed it. I did speak to the uni and they told they can’t force me to stay in it and I can be placed in clearing if I wanted but obviously adjustment is preferable for me as I secure the place while looking for better options.
There’s 2 different transactions that the university could use to make it unconditional. One will rule out adjustment entirely, the other would give you the button but might not be accepted by universities that you want to adjust to.

There’s no way to know which transaction a university has used without accessing your ucas record (do not offer access to your ucas record to any strangers!).
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's the university you apply to who decide if you are eligible for adjustment or not. Even if you are in theory eligible via UCAS rules, they may not want to look like they are "poaching" you from another university.

Do bear in mind that being placed in clearing on results day can also be a time consuming process.

Do you actually want to go to the university you have firmed, or are you just firming it because it's unconditional?
Mustafa0605
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
There’s 2 different transactions that the university could use to make it unconditional. One will rule out adjustment entirely, the other would give you the button but might not be accepted by universities that you want to adjust to.

There’s no way to know which transaction a university has used without accessing your ucas record (do not offer access to your ucas record to any strangers!).
Name:  D6686918-3034-4720-94D6-148D6378E815.jpg.jpeg
Views: 111
Size:  26.8 KBName:  243155A4-0E96-4CB2-B266-16396B30FAC5.jpg.jpeg
Views: 131
Size:  32.1 KB It does tell me about adjustment on my ucas track account but doesn’t confirm anything about it
Mustafa0605
Rep:
?
It is a bit confusing because adjustment if for people who get better grades but with my offer I have no grade requirements. Adjustment is preferable to clearing as I can hold my place, which is at a decent university, to look for any better university
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise