Edexcel GCSE English language (1EN0) - Paper 1 Fiction & Imaginative - 4 June, 2019

Watch
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by salimyasin10)
yh i do, are ur exam papers on it as well
Yes.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5904442
TPABLO
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by username3973192)
Nice idea, I'm sure lots of people will benefit
great
NetNeutrality
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
thank youu for this is it a good idea to sort of know what you're gonna write about, like idea wise, and then just change it to suit the question?
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
How did it go today guys?
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
(Original post by NetNeutrality)
thank youu for this is it a good idea to sort of know what you're gonna write about, like idea wise, and then just change it to suit the question?
Sorry for responding so late! I only just got a notification about your post (for some reason).

Many people do this with the plot. I did not. I wouldn't recommend it either. What I did do, however, was know about what characters I would use and had a list of settings.

Anyway, the exam's finished now. How did it go?
Piiii
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Sorry for responding so late! I only just got a notification about your post (for some reason).

Many people do this with the plot. I did not. I wouldn't recommend it either. What I did do, however, was know about what characters I would use and had a list of settings.

Pretty well, it's just my imaginative writing did not make sense, Just hoping SPaG gets me a few marks
SBizzy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

It was decent, i think i capitulated on the evaluation
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
(Original post by Piiii)
Pretty well, it's just my imaginative writing did not make sense, Just hoping SPaG gets me a few marks
Hopefully, your imaginative writing isn't as poor as you may think. To try and assuage your fears, I remember crying after this exam because I felt I dropped so many SPaG marks, but I got 40/40 in the end. Maybe you're the same?
(Original post by SBizzy)
It was decent, i think i capitulated on the evaluation
Students are known to be the worst judges of their exam performance, but if you did poorly, you still have 96 more marks up for graps, along with the other 49 in this paper.
Cov3rt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Decent extract
dasda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey i i think the extract was very hard to evaluate but i think i done well on everything else.
dasda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Do you think grade boundaries will go down or up
Aryan3031
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi Tolgarda,

The extract was from Dombrey and Son. Exam went very well. Hoping to get full marks on Q1, 2, 3, 4
The creative writing was: Write about a time you were lost or lost something
or
Write about a time you felt happy/relieved.
Might have dropped 2 or 3 on the creative writing.
I'll let you know how Paper 2 goes and what happens on results day.
JJ Kirby
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It doesn't matter. They hardly change each year. Nobody can tell what the grade boundaries willndo but they won't change more than 5-7 marks. Just don't ur best and you'll be fine.
(Original post by dasda)
JJ Kirby
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
My imaginative writing was definitely good - however I didn't have enough time to end it properly. I rushed the end and I don't think I linked it to the theme of finding a possesion properly.
Is this an issue?

Everything else was easy. Hopefully I don't make stupid mistakes, I don't feel I did.
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cov3rt)
Decent extract
So I heard! I hope it helps you in reaching your goal!

(Original post by dasda)
Hey i i think the extract was very hard to evaluate but i think i done well on everything else

I haven't seen the paper, and for English language, it usually depends on the strength of the cohort rather than the paper. Apparently, question four wasn't too bad.
(Original post by Aryan3031)
Hi Tolgarda,

The extract was from Dombrey and Son. Exam went very well. Hoping to get full marks on Q1, 2, 3, 4
The creative writing was: Write about a time you were lost or lost something
or
Write about a time you felt happy/relieved.
Might have dropped 2 or 3 on the creative writing.
I'll let you know how Paper 2 goes and what happens on results day.
Nice! Hopefully, you should manage to get the 60+ you were aiming for. It'll be interesting to see how everything else goes for you!
(Original post by JJ Kirby)
My imaginative writing was definitely good - however I didn't have enough time to end it properly. I rushed the end and I don't think I linked it to the theme of finding a possesion properly.
Is this an issue?

Everything else was easy. Hopefully I don't make stupid mistakes, I don't feel I did.
If everything else was 'easy', you shouldn't have much to be concerned about and should be on course for a high mark. The fact that the ending's rushed may be an issue, but it may not be that big of an issue.
NetNeutrality
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

it was pretty decent, i just kept my vague idea in mind and made it work with the brief lol
Bahaha
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It was decent but I should've practised my creative writing LMAO :')
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
(Original post by NetNeutrality)
it was pretty decent, i just kept my vague idea in mind and made it work with the brief lol
Well, that's good then. At least you feel it went well.
(Original post by Bahaha)
It was decent but I should've practised my creative writing LMAO :')
It's over now. You've probably done a little better than you think.
Missbax81
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I did really well in my mock papers but I can't help feeling like I messed this paper up.
Especially the writing.
I can't quite remember the wording of the question but my first thought was that I'd do about losing (and finding) my son when he was he was a toddler.
Now I'm stressing myself out and thinking I didn't meet the brief. Would they expect you to strictly write about losing a 'thing' rather than a person? If so will I lose marks?
NetNeutrality
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Well, that's good then. At least you feel it went well.

It's over now. You've probably done a little better than you think.
hopefully
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (270)
15.54%
Uncertainty around my education (273)
15.71%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
10.01%
Isolating with family (122)
7.02%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.49%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (145)
8.34%
Loneliness (172)
9.9%
Financial worries (68)
3.91%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (158)
9.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (154)
8.86%

Watched Threads