Edexcel GCSE English language (1EN0) - Paper 1 Fiction & Imaginative - 4 June, 2019 Watch

ManLikeMahdi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm pretty sure that lots of a people, like you, wrote about a time when they lost someone and not something. This certainly included many people in the school, so I don't think it will be an issue, and you have nothing to worry about!
(Original post by Missbax81)
I did really well in my mock papers but I can't help feeling like I messed this paper up.
Especially the writing.
I can't quite remember the wording of the question but my first thought was that I'd do about losing (and finding) my son when he was he was a toddler.
Now I'm stressing myself out and thinking I didn't meet the brief. Would they expect you to strictly write about losing a 'thing' rather than a person? If so will I lose marks?
Missbax81
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I hope so. I've been trying not to think about it but it's been in the back of my mind all day.
Thank you 😀
(Original post by ManLikeMahdi)
I'm pretty sure that lots of a people, like you, wrote about a time when they lost someone and not something. This certainly included many people in the school, so I don't think it will be an issue, and you have nothing to worry about!
Cov3rt
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It could be anything that you lost. Doesn't even have to be animate or physical as this wasn't explicitly stated in the question. I wrote about the loss of a relationship Missbax81
equigz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No, I think as long as you can argue that you lost something it'll work. All I did was rewrite my piece I got full marks on and then at the end add "I lost everything", so it should be fine. I hope...
I did really well in my mock papers but I can't help feeling like I messed this paper up.
Especially the writing.
I can't quite remember the wording of the question but my first thought was that I'd do about losing (and finding) my son when he was he was a toddler.
Now I'm stressing myself out and thinking I didn't meet the brief. Would they expect you to strictly write about losing a 'thing' rather than a person? If so will I lose marks?
Abdullah071002
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
How did it go today guys?
For the imaginative writing i feel like my story was very slow and didn't really go anywhere. I talked about being lost in the rain. I think my middle and opening were really well planned and had lots of description but my ending seemed rushed and a pit out of place. I ended it very abruptly. I just said i had fell in to the trap of mother nature. For reading section i wrote 2 paragraphs for question 3 and 3 for q4. I could've written another or q4 but i thought all my points are good. Hopefully i can get an 8/9.
Last edited by Abdullah071002; 1 week ago
Bahaha
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Well, that's good then. At least you feel it went well.

It's over now. You've probably done a little better than you think.
I hope so
Tolgarda
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Especially the writing.
I'm sure they will be flexible. I doubt that this will have any effect on your final mark for Section B. They're not insanely strict about the brief. )
helpme111
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
for my imaginitive writing i copied one of the exact phrases used in the given text would i lose marks??
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
(Original post by helpme111)
for my imaginitive writing i copied one of the exact phrases used in the given text would i lose marks??
No.
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
(Original post by equigz)
No, I think as long as you can argue that you lost something it'll work. All I did was rewrite my piece I got full marks on and then at the end add "I lost everything", so it should be fine. I hope...
Interesting. I know someone who did something similar with a 'secret' in last year's exam and ended up with a 9 lol.
Davy611
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hearing whisperings of some controversy about this paper. Was the extract particularly harrowing? Can you remember which part of 'Dombey and Son' it was that was given?

Thanks.
Aryan3031
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Florence has been rejected by her father and step-mother and goes to a maid smiths house and on the way she meets Diogenes (Di) and it focusses on her emotions and feelings
(Original post by Davy611)
Hearing whisperings of some controversy about this paper. Was the extract particularly harrowing? Can you remember which part of 'Dombey and Son' it was that was given?

Thanks.
gemiini
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So I'm really worried about the imaginative writing from yesterday. I did the question about happiness or relief but for some reason, I thought it was a good idea to write about a murder? Like I put that the character was felt relief because she killed someone, but now I'm worried I didn't answer the question properly... There goes my Eng Lang grade down the gutter lol
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
(Original post by ayairos)
So I'm really worried about the imaginative writing from yesterday. I did the question about happiness or relief but for some reason, I thought it was a good idea to write about a murder? Like I put that the character was felt relief because she killed someone, but now I'm worried I didn't answer the question properly... There goes my Eng Lang grade down the gutter lol
If the character is a psychopath or something, maybe that befits them?
NetNeutrality
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i did that q too and wrote on abortion and my friends looked at me in horror as i tried to explain how i connected the two dots 😂
gemiini
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I didn't say that the character was a psychopath outright, but I did heavily imply it. Also I kept saying that she was relieved to commit the murder and then at the end, she was relieved because her friend was safe (she murdered someone that she thought was going to hurt her friend).
(Original post by Tolgarda)
If the character is a psychopath or something, maybe that befits them?
dasda
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did even worse. I had a plane crash and there were no survivors. this lead to me feeling guilty about my survival so when I died, I felt relieved. I don't even know why I chose this question but oh well, let's try and ace paper 2
Dayo03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wrote about the relief of getting GCSE results ...
gemiini
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by dasda)
I did even worse. I had a plane crash and there were no survivors. this lead to me feeling guilty about my survival so when I died, I felt relieved. I don't even know why I chose this question but oh well, let's try and ace paper 2
My writing finished similarly to yours. The character was given the death penalty and she said that she was relieved to be killed by a lethal injection than the cancer she had developed. I don’t know what I was thinking when writing that lol
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
dasda
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
At least we still have a paper 2 to get a good grade.
My writing finished similarly to yours. The character was given the death penalty and she said that she was relieved to be killed by a lethal injection than the cancer she had developed. I don’t know what I was thinking when writing that lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (212)
14.86%
The paper was reasonable (800)
56.06%
Not feeling great about that exam... (310)
21.72%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
7.36%

Watched Threads