Attacks on multiple villages leave 134 muslims dead Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Security sources said the dead included women, children and elderly people.

This appears to be in retaliation for an al Qaeda affiliate’s claim of responsibility on Friday for a raid last week that killed 23 soldiers.

Almost 5000 French troops have been stationed in Mali since 2013, but militants have since regrouped and expanded their presence into central Mali and the neighbouring countries, rendering swathes of the country almost ungovernable.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKCN1R40K9
Last edited by AngeryPenguin; 3 weeks ago
kazzykat95
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)

This appears to be in retaliation for an al Qaeda affiliate’s claim of responsibility on Friday for a raid last week that killed 23 soldiers.

Almost 5000 French troops have been stationed in Mali since 2013, but militants have since regrouped and expanded their presence into central Mali and the neighbouring countries, rendering swathes of the country almost ungovernable.

That's awful. I haven't seen anyone talking about this (apart from the news) which sort of implies that we're becoming desensitised to this brutal violence.
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kazzykat95)
That's awful. I haven't seen anyone talking about this (apart from the news) which sort of implies that we're becoming desensitised to this brutal violence.
Terrorism has become expected rather than out of the ordinary.
Last edited by Decahedron; 3 weeks ago
Banana_Slug
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Seems quite common over there.
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)

kazzykat95
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
Terrorism has become expected rather than out of the ordinary.
I know. It seems every day there's another announcement that someone decides to kill a group of people because they have different beliefs to them. It's terrible.
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It is terrible and everything, but why the emphasis on the fact that the victims were Muslim?

And why not point to the murders of even more Christians over this same period in Nigeria, (presumably) BY Muslims?

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/wo...ans-in-nigeria
kazzykat95
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by generallee)
It is terrible and everything, but why the emphasis on the fact that the victims were Muslim?

And why not point to the murders of even more Christians over this same period in Nigeria, (presumably) BY Muslims?

They were targeted because they were Muslims.
AngeryPenguin
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
With Trump and Brexit, I think a lot of people ignore what is happening in other countries. For instance, I've heard very little about the Zimbabwe/Mozambique cyclone.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by generallee)

the world doesn't like Christians, so don't get upset they're not in the news as much.

also, it's in Nigeria, a not as developed nation like UK, US, Australia etc. so they won't be in the news much either.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you ever post about any positive stories? Try it.
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They were targeted because they were Muslims.
It was a retaliation attack for the Christians burned to death a few weeks ago with a similar body count.
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jebedee)
It was a retaliation attack for the Christians burned to death a few weeks ago with a similar body count.
Why don't you make a thread about it.
looloo2134
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In countries like Mali when mass murder happens it normally to do different ethnic groups and tribes hating each other and fighting over resources and land religion just another excuse to fight each other. The ethnic groups have been fighting each other for thousands of years long before Christianity/ Islam existed.
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
1. It would just be either ignored or seen as some kind of whataboutery regarding this thread.
2. I don't want to.
Just my opinion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wehey....a tag team.👍😁
roroxx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jebedee)
Does that make it okay though???
Because then everyone is surprised when 'Muslims' do something to fight back.
looloo2134
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In countries like Mali, the ethnic groups have been murdering each other for thousands of years long before Christianity/Islam even existed. Religion is just excused for them to murder each other now.
(Original post by roroxx)
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by roroxx)
Yes it does. In that kind of environment, letting the callous slaughtering of your people slide, sends the message that next time you can get the whole lot scot free.
Wōden
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by looloo2134)
In countries like Mali when mass murder happens it normally to do different ethnic groups and tribes hating each other and fighting over resources and land religion just another excuse to fight each other. The ethnic groups have been fighting each other for thousands of years long before Christianity/ Islam existed.
Impossible. Everybody knows ethnic diversity is the greatest strength a nation can have.
Reformed
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Wōden)
Impossible. Everybody knows ethnic diversity is the greatest strength a nation can have.
ethnic diversity is simply a fact of nature. rather than politicise it you could recognise the facts are that you would be alive today if there hadnt been some widening of the genepool (comparatively speaking) within your ancestors clans to create a successfull offspring. if you happen to think 'white people' are one singular ethnic group scientifically speaking youd be sadly mistaken
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (224)
39.23%
No - but I will (40)
7.01%
No - I don't want to (39)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (268)
46.94%

Watched Threads