The Student Room Group

locating calving work experience

Where can I get assisted calving work experience (websites, places you can reccomended ect.)? Yesterday, I got back from three weeks of lambing and loved it - got to get involved in everything and their cows were also calving, but were Aberdeen Angus so calve easily themselves. Got involved in castrating, tagging and stomach tubing them though :smile: would love to do some assisted calving, see a crush in action and even get to observe TB testing if possible. I have tried Googling for a few hours with no success unfortunately.
Original post by Jess104
Where can I get assisted calving work experience (websites, places you can reccomended ect.)? Yesterday, I got back from three weeks of lambing and loved it - got to get involved in everything and their cows were also calving, but were Aberdeen Angus so calve easily themselves. Got involved in castrating, tagging and stomach tubing them though :smile: would love to do some assisted calving, see a crush in action and even get to observe TB testing if possible. I have tried Googling for a few hours with no success unfortunately.

Dunno where you are, but my uni up in Scotland offers that (SRUC), if not them they could likely point you in right direction

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending