Y12_FurtherMaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is movement of water from the soil to the xylem (epidermis to cortex to endodermis, apoplast/symplast etc) on the AQA AS Specification anymore? Because my teacher said we need it but I can’t find any mention of it in my CGP revision guide or the AQA textbook and I don’t think it mentions it in the spec so I’m a little confused. Any help?
Thanks
Last edited by Y12_FurtherMaths; 1 year ago
Y12_FurtherMaths
Rep:
?
Bump
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Transpiration is the the evaporation of water which is transported by the xylem, yes. Here is a wikipedia article to it: link .

On the ride side you can see how the water is transported through the plant in the xylem till the stomata.
Y12_FurtherMaths
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kallisto)
Transpiration is the the evaporation of water which is transported by the xylem, yes. Here is a wikipedia article to it: link .

On the ride side you can see how the water is transported through the plant in the xylem till the stomata.
I don’t think you read my post correctly? I’m not asking what transportation is, I’m asking whether movement of water from the soil to the xylem is on the AQA specification...
Y12_FurtherMaths
Rep:
?
Bump anyone know?
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me again! sorry that I did not understand your question correctly for first.

By looking for AQA speficications in biology, I found a book to it with the xylem part. It seems that movement of water in plant is a part of AQA.
Last edited by Kallisto; 1 year ago
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Here is the link to the book I mentioned one comment above. Had my issues to embed it when I was using my smartphone. See this as an addition.

https://books.google.de/books?id=FXigNv-k6jsC&pg=PA212&lpg=PA212&dq=aqa+ specification+xylem&source=bl&ot s=AUIhvPnlgt&sig=ACfU3U1-yRQOHI2IiIJTsLHK8bHshcMN1g&hl=de &sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiC67i18qDhAhUQZ 1AKHQ5wCp8Q6AEwAnoECAQQAQ#v=onep age&q=aqa%20specification%20xyle m&f=false

Can't even embed when using PC. That sucks!
Last edited by Kallisto; 1 year ago
Y12_FurtherMaths
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kallisto)
Here is the link to the book I mentioned one comment above. Had my issues to embed it when I was using my smartphone. See this as an addition.

https://books.google.de/books?id=FXigNv-k6jsC&pg=PA212&lpg=PA212&dq=aqa+ specification+xylem&source=bl&ot s=AUIhvPnlgt&sig=ACfU3U1-yRQOHI2IiIJTsLHK8bHshcMN1g&hl=de &sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiC67i18qDhAhUQZ 1AKHQ5wCp8Q6AEwAnoECAQQAQ#v=onep age&q=aqa%20specification%20xyle m&f=false

Can't even embed when using PC. That sucks!
Ok thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
61.31%
No (65)
38.69%

Watched Threads