The Student Room Group

Reincarnation

Considering the theory of everything which states that everything is possible. Is it logical to assume that since science has no boundaries, people in the future will be able to reincarnate those who contributed the most to humanity? as they possessed best genetical variations in their DNA?( although not necessarily, since psychology (although having some correlations with DNA) plays the key role in determening the ability to succeed of a person). I think this concept has to be educated in our society as it can replace the need to believe in god. Instead, : " if you do something great to the humanity, you are worth being brought back to life when time comes"
but DNA doesnt create the whole of a person, their upbringing and experiences also contribute so we could never recreate the same person twice
Original post by nintysixthousand
but DNA doesnt create the whole of a person, their upbringing and experiences also contribute so we could never recreate the same person twice

But upbringing and experiences = memory, is covered by neuroscience? And philosophy assumes that there are infinite amounts of possibilities? Allowing us assume that neuroscience has no borderlines?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Jurassic Park but for smarty pants?
Original post by gjd800
Jurassic Park but for smarty pants?

Ask yourself, If humans 100,000 years ago thought that only few things are possible, and there is a borderline in science and philosophy, do you think we could achieve such results in science? ( Space exploration, nuclear fusion and etc.)
Reply 5
Original post by Stolyarov Daniel
Ask yourself, If humans 100,000 years ago thought that only few things are possible, and there is a borderline in science and philosophy, do you think we could achieve such results in science? ( Space exploration, nuclear fusion and etc.)

Why do I need to ask myself that? I was asking you something.
Original post by gjd800
Why do I need to ask myself that? I was asking you something.

I answered your potentially sarcastic question with my rhetorical question
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
I answered your potentially sarcastic question with my rhetorical question

Not sarcastic, I want to know somehting of the mechanics of the situation, because as it stands, I don't think it can reasonably be called 'reincarnation'. Well, unless you think that the raptors were 'reincarnated' on JP. Which is why i asked.
Original post by gjd800
Not sarcastic, I want to know somehting of the mechanics of the situation, because as it stands, I don't think it can reasonably be called 'reincarnation'. Well, unless you think that the raptors were 'reincarnated' on JP. Which is why i asked.

Reincarnation has a spiritual connotation with its meaning and I am guessing that you are allowing that possibility.

I am assuming purely philosophically and scientifically.

Neuroscience can eventually find a way to record or find out the way electro signals moved between different parts of your brain and the way different parts of your brain absorbed those kind of transmissions after your death or before? Which is how memory works? I can only guess how neuroscience works but I am very confident that this idea will eventually come to reality since the theory of everything exists. And in the combination with biology - science that ultimately strives to understand how cells and dna work on infinite levels beyond subatomic , thus understanding how to restore or sustain the cells forever, which will result in biology achieving the medicine that restores dead cells and sustains the condition of the cells forever = infinite life , reincarnation.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Reincarnation has a spiritual connotation with its meaning and I am guessing that you are allowing that possibility.

I am assuming purely philosophically and scientifically.

Neuroscience can eventually find a way to record the way electro signals moved between different parts of your brain and the way different parts of your brain absorbed those kind of transmissions? I can only guess how neuroscience works but I am very confident that we can use this idea , with the combination of biology - the science that ultimately strives to understand how cells and dna work on infinite levels beyond subatomic , thus understanding how to restore or sustain the cells forever, which will result in biology achieving the medicine that restores dead cells and sustains the condition of the cells forever = infinite life , reincarnation.

Now I'm following you. I still don't think it is strictly reincarnation (because that implies the same substance moving from vessel to vessel, and that isn't really the case in this scenario), it's a type of reactivation and then continued immortality. But I see more clearly what you are driving towards. Sort of a transhumanist/posthumanist thing, I guess. I don't know if I find the idea exciting or terrifying, to be honest. A mix of both, initially, I think.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by gjd800
Now I'm following you. I still don't think it is strictly reincarnation (because that implies the same substance moving from vessel to vessel, and that isn't really the case in this scenario), but I see more clearly what you are driving towards. Sort of a transhumanist/posthumanist thing, I guess. I don't know if I find the idea exciting or terrifying, to be honest. A mix of both, initially, I think.

Thank you for introducing me to the society who advocates the same idea I was thinking about .. wow.

I think it’s exciting , and I think this is the only way which explains “the life after death” philosophy scientifically but not religiously. Do you think people in million years will “reincarnate” every human who lived in this universe? Or only those who were great?
But by that time of technological achievement, people are much more evolutionary superior so what would be the reason for them to “reincarnate” everyone who lived the earth? To increase the population? Maybe by that time they can genetically modify a human who was born in 21st century to the genetic specifications of post evolution human of 10000000th century. But if they have the technology to manipulate genetics, why not just max the specifications out to perfection? What is genetically perfect human?
Like if you can improve genetics so that your brain was capable of being 100% utilised, what that brain can do? Can it manipulate everything on the universe? Because being able to control 100% of your brain means that your consciousness and subconscious unites to one. If that’s the case you can control the way electrons is moving in your brain, you can control electrons ? ——-> atoms? ——> universe?
(edited 4 years ago)
I don't believe in reincarnation myself...but my auntie was convinced that her daughter who had died came back as her new son. She had good reason to think this as he used to say "remember when we went to...." and various other things that he had not done but the daughter had done when she was alive. It was weird and definitely made me question it.

Quick Reply

Latest