The Student Room Group

mock revison

Is 170 hours of revison over Easter for year 10 mocks too much? I’m doing 10 subjects, please could I have some advice on how long to spend revising to get 9’s :smile:
Original post by meow04
Is 170 hours of revison over Easter for year 10 mocks too much? I’m doing 10 subjects, please could I have some advice on how long to spend revising to get 9’s :smile:

Whilst I commend your efforts, revision should never be about the amount of time you spend studying, but instead about the effectiveness and how well you retain the information.

If you spend an hour revising and it really sticks, that's much better than revising all day just for nothing to go in.

Good luck though - study as much as you feel you need to, not what others expect you to :smile:
Year TEN mocks??!! That’s sooo unnecessary and excessive!! Honestly don’t start revising till a week before for like 2 hours a day
Maybe try 4 blocks of half an hour a day in Easter for year 10 mocks as you will burn out doing more - I did GCSEs last year and tried 100 hours in year 11 in Easter and it really was a struggle and nearly drove me to insanity. You can do well with a lot less than you’re planning and still have over a year until the exams . My top advice would be to do a bit less than you are aiming for to stop yourself burning out

Quick Reply

Latest