Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I constantly sleep. I can go to bed at 8 and still feel exhausted the next day. In my most recent report at least four teachers commented on how I zone out in class. It stresses me out because I can't study, my head hurts and I just can't focus. So I googled it and it mentioned chronic fatigue, but it is definitely not as severe- I dont have like half the symptoms. I also had a blood test done and all is fine. My mum doesn't really think its anything, just me being lazy.

Is this down to stress? Or something.
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I constantly sleep. I can go to bed at 8 and still feel exhausted the next day. In my most recent report at least four teachers commented on how I zone out in class. It stresses me out because I can't study, my head hurts and I just can't focus. So I googled it and it mentioned chronic fatigue, but it is definitely not as severe- I dont have like half the symptoms. I also had a blood test done and all is fine. My mum doesn't really think its anything, just me being lazy.

Is this down to stress? Or something.
Are you maybe sleeping too much? Or perhaps packing too much into your days? Definitely go and have a chat to your GP. Stress and mental health issues can cause fatigue for sure, or they might want to do some more blood tests to check anything they haven't covered already. I do have chronic fatigue syndrome and can relate to the people just thinking I'm lazy part, and it's so easy to start believing it yourself but remember that you do genuinely put the effort into sleeping well and getting things done but it's just really difficult - that's not being lazy at all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
29%
No (191)
71%

Watched Threads