?
Report 10 months ago
have you looked on YouTube to help you with it
JamieDicken123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
What I got taught in school was for the 15 mark question to do two paragraphs showing different views and a conclusion .

Just make, a point, e.g. Christians believe marriage is special.
Then show evidence, e.g. this is shown by marridge being a sacrament for Catholics
Then explain, e.g. sacraments are a invisble blessing by God.
Then develop,e.g. this impact some Christians as they believe marriage is sacred and is formed by Gods blessing- as he has gifted it.
Then evaluate, (this is where you get top marks) just say how strong or weak the argument is and explain why, e.g. did it come from the Bible/Ten Commandments/ Religous figure.
Finally, when you conclude just round up your ideas and if you have time say what the strongest argument is,e.g. i believe from the variety of viewpoints that marriage is a special event as it remarks the lifelong commitment of a couple which Jesus often stresses in the gospel of Mark.

Of course you only have fifteen minutes but doing this will achieve top marks, in my mock I did not know any of the Buddhism which was over a third of the paper but just from this structure i got full marks on all the other 15 markers and was only 1 mark from a nine.
karanveer99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JamieDicken123)
What I got taught in school was for the 15 mark question to do two paragraphs showing different views and a conclusion .

Just make, a point, e.g. Christians believe marriage is special.
Then show evidence, e.g. this is shown by marridge being a sacrament for Catholics
Then explain, e.g. sacraments are a invisble blessing by God.
Then develop,e.g. this impact some Christians as they believe marriage is sacred and is formed by Gods blessing- as he has gifted it.
Then evaluate, (this is where you get top marks) just say how strong or weak the argument is and explain why, e.g. did it come from the Bible/Ten Commandments/ Religous figure.
Finally, when you conclude just round up your ideas and if you have time say what the strongest argument is,e.g. i believe from the variety of viewpoints that marriage is a special event as it remarks the lifelong commitment of a couple which Jesus often stresses in the gospel of Mark.

Of course you only have fifteen minutes but doing this will achieve top marks, in my mock I did not know any of the Buddhism which was over a third of the paper but just from this structure i got full marks on all the other 15 markers and was only 1 mark from a nine.
how would you word the evaluation of the answer??
Last edited by karanveer99; 1 month ago
S_x_m_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by karanveer99)
how would you word the evaluation of the answer??
My RE teacher says to say "This a strong/weak argument because..."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?