ryirishguy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So, I've gotten all my offers back, but the uni i was hoping to insure put me on a waiting list. I only have 2 offers,so do i Firm and insure them or should I only firm? Idk about how UCAS Clearing works so could use some clarification
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ryirishguy)
So, I've gotten all my offers back, but the uni i was hoping to insure put me on a waiting list. I only have 2 offers,so do i Firm and insure them or should I only firm? Idk about how UCAS Clearing works so could use some clarification
would you want to go to the two choices that you have offers from?
AlexS101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't put down any uni that you wouldn't want to go to as either firm as insurance as this just leaves more work to do on results day if you end with a place at that uni. Equally there is little point in putting a uni with equal or greater requirements as your insurance than as your firm as if you don't get into the firm you almost certainly won't get into your insurance (and if you get into your firm your insurance no longer has any relevence).
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't be in too much of a rush to make a decision - you have until the 1st May so can afford to wait a bit longer to hear back from the course that have put you on a waiting list and once they let you know, your decision should become easier. I wouldn't insure somewhere you're not sure about as better options could come up in Clearing. If you don't get into your Firm choice uni on results day, you will automatically be entered into Clearing and become eligible to apply to any uni that is advertising vacancies.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What does Track say for the university that has put you on their waiting list (is this for medicine? And are any of your offers medicine courses?).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (63)
15.18%
I'm not sure (14)
3.37%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (141)
33.98%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.45%
I'm not a current university student (191)
46.02%

Watched Threads