The Student Room Group

One of those GCSE GYG blog things

WHY HELLO JILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that GCSEs are only like a short time away, but I have only recently bothered to start one of these.

Can't promise that it will be interesting or funny. I also can't promise that if you read it then you will grow wings tomorrow and have the ability to fly.

I will try and post one or two times a week, no posts= nothing happened.

My GCSE subjects and exam boards:

AQA maths
Edexcel English Language
Edexcel English literature (stupid subject)
AQA biology (triple)
AQA chemistry (triple)
AQA physics (triple)
AQA french
AQA geography
OCR B history

I am not the next Einstein, I'm only aiming for grades 5 or 6 depending on which subject.

Plan on doing a-levels after GCSEs.

Favourite subjects: history and geography.

Right, anything I've missed let me know, and here we go,
let the blog begin...............

Scroll to see replies

Good luck!!
Why hello Jill!!!!!!!!! Post 1
Firstly, a big thank you to;
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Good luck!!

Got my last set of mock results back today, yay (said in sarcastic voice). Only got a 4 in English language, which is lower than what I was expecting, but apparently it was a hard paper, even the smart kids in my class were only getting 6s.

This must be the worst GYG blog ever, as I haven't actually mentioned my grades, so here we go:

end of year 10 mock:
maths- 5
English language- 4
English literature- 3
Physics-6 *
Biology-4 *
Chemistry-4 *
History- 6 *
Geography-7 *
French-3

December year 11 mocks:
Maths- 5
English language- 5
English literature- 3
Physics- 5 *
Biology- 5 *
Chemistry- 5 *
History- 5 *
Geography- 7 (close to 8)
French- 4

Recent year 11 mocks:
Maths- 5
English language- 4
English literature- 4
Physics- 4 *
Biology- 6 *
Chemistry- 5 *
History- 6 *
(didn't have one for French or geography)

* indicates not a full set of exams.

They are alright I suppose, what I would like in real thing:
Maths- 5/6
English language- 5/6
English literature- 4
Physics- 5/6
Biology- 5/6
Chemistry- 5
History- 6
Geography- 7/8
French-4/5

Okay, maybe I've got some more work to do....

Inspirational quote, not a serious one:
"We can do it, if we B&Q it", not that a DIY store will be any use for our GCSE exams. Interesting fact though, B&Q stands for block and Quayle, after the founders. Just found that out now, I know no one cares.

Have a nice day guys, and maybe tomorrow, we will all wake up looking like butterflies.
Why hello Jill,

So I've caught a cold, got a runny nose, soar throat and I'm sneezing a fair bit. Sorry, that was a negative start.

Had to do our yearbook quotes this week mine mentions secretly being a duck, and why hello Jill.

Been doing a lot of revision this week, for maths, English literature ( rubbish subject), chemistry and french. I also learnt how to fly, that might be a lie.

Quick joke:
why did the toilet paper roll down the hill?

Spoiler

Toilet humour is great.

Well, back to revision, maths revision.

Bye for now, have a great day.
Original post by fish finger fan
Why hello Jill,

So I've caught a cold, got a runny nose, soar throat and I'm sneezing a fair bit. Sorry, that was a negative start.

Had to do our yearbook quotes this week mine mentions secretly being a duck, and why hello Jill.

Been doing a lot of revision this week, for maths, English literature ( rubbish subject), chemistry and french. I also learnt how to fly, that might be a lie.

Quick joke:
why did the toilet paper roll down the hill?

Spoiler

Toilet humour is great.

Well, back to revision, maths revision.

Bye for now, have a great day.

Good Luck.
Why hello Jill,

Firstly, a thank you to:
Original post by Burnt Toast
Good Luck.

All support is greatly appreciated.

My cold is slowly going, and time until GCSE exams is quickly running out. Over the past couple of weeks in maths we have been given these practice exams to take home and do. My overall grade was a 4 :-(. Not good, I normally do a bit better than this. However, these exams were from a website where the questions are supposed to be harder than the real thing.

Since my last post, I have seen the geography pre-release, that looks fairly simple to understand, giving me one less thing to stress about.

Started learning my script for the French speaking exam as well this week. (Just when I thought life couldn't get any better).

This week, the lack of time that we have has become evident, I seriously need to improve my English language grades before the exams.

Well after that depressing post, I feel like it is time for some humour... how about more toilet humour.
Boy: Can I go to the bathroom?
Teacher: Only if you can say the alphabet
Boy: OK abcdefghijklmnoqrstuvwxyz
Teacher: Where's the p?
Boy: "Half way down my leg."

Back to revision land ( a rubbish version of legoland). Biology revision for a practice paper 1 that we will do in class tomorrow, yay.

Have a nice week.
Glad the cold is going! Good luck :rave:
Original post by laurawatt
Glad the cold is going! Good luck :rave:

Thank you.
Why hello Jill!

Another school week done and over with. I would normally see this is a good thing, but it means closer to GCSEs, which is not good.

My plans for the Easter holidays are simple, REVISE!!!!!!!!

Not really much of a break, doing revision every day. Also got Easter school for a couple of days, to be fair though it is nice that some of our teachers are that bothered about our grades, I do appreciate that my school gives us these opportunities.

Quote from some website:
"you know you've spent too much time with your CGP revision guide when you find the jokes in there funny",

I am at the stage when I find some of them funny...... (sad innit)

Now for something even sadder:
"how do you shoot a killer bee?"
"With a bee bee gun".

I am getting sadder as the days go on, I mean I have just sat there laughing at this.

Well, I suppose I should get back to my revision, french, and then back to the maths that I started earlier.

Have a nice day, and remember cold potatoes aren't hot.
Loving the updates so far! Good luck with the rest of your studies :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Loving the updates so far! Good luck with the rest of your studies :smile:

Thank you for the support.
Absolutely loving this thread 😂 wish you all the best for revision and exams xx
Original post by shania_lea
Absolutely loving this thread 😂 wish you all the best for revision and exams xx

Best of luck! :rave:
Who's Jill, btw? :confused:
Original post by nyxnko_
Best of luck! :rave:
Who's Jill, btw? :confused:

The "why hello Jill" thing, is a reference to this funny video:

I have honestly, ( worryingly) watched this so times.

The "why hello Jill" thing, is a reference to this funny video:

I have honestly, ( worryingly) watched this so times.

:jumphug:
:rofl: i am becoming increasingly worried as to why you're watching this?
Original post by nyxnko_
:jumphug:
:rofl: i am becoming increasingly worried as to why you're watching this?

I just love really silly things, I don't even know why this is funny.... it just makes me laugh. I watch other silly videos as well. I suppose when you have little to no friends this is what you result to.
I just love really silly things, I don't even know why this is funny.... it just makes me laugh. I watch other silly videos as well. I suppose when you have little to no friends this is what you result to.

welp, if it makes you laugh, then it's a good thing :thumbsup:
Why hello Jill!

Hope everyone's holidays are going well.

Since my last post, I have revised, revised and revised some more. Exams are getting closer, and I'm not really ready. I want to go back to pre-school, the work was a lot easier, and life was a lot less stressful.

Anyway, in preparation for the exams, and alongside my pessimistic attitude, I have listed my top ten most dreaded exams, 1 being the worst. I do dread all of them, but these are the worst ten:

1. English language paper 2 ( I am not good at English language exams, it's a 50/50 chance on weather I will get a 5 or less)
2. English language paper 1
3. English literature paper 2 (my worst subject )
4. English literature paper 1
5. Maths paper 1 ( I don't want to accidentally mess these up, that thought is always in my head).
6. Maths paper 3
7. Maths paper 2
8. French speaking ( who doesn't dread these?, also I believe that your teacher is in the room with you, so they will know how badly I have done, and start moaning)
9. Geography paper 1 ( The paper that lets me down in geography)
10. History paper 3 ( why is it on the same day as a maths exam????????????? :frown: :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown: )

In better spirits, here is a toilet themed joke:

Teacher asks student to use the word "definitely" in a sentence.
Student replies with "teacher, do farts have lumps in them?"
The teacher says " of course not"
To which the student replies " I have definitely pooped my pants then.."

Also, I thought it might be a nice idea to share a good song from my playlist each update, so here's today's, it should help lift your spirits.

Well, back to revision land I go. Have a nice day.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hello,

I know right, no reference to the time Ainsley Harriott burst into someone's living room holding a frying pan.

Hopefully everyone's holidays are going good. Mine is mainly just revising. It's been a productive week, went to Easter school at the start of the week. It was useful. At home, I have done some exam style questions for history and English lit. Today I did a physics practice paper. Later on today I plan to revise by going through my flashcards for geography and french.

My mother brought this really cool thing for the toilet. After you flush, it automatically squirts bleach out. Don't know why I think that this is cool. I had a really nice greek style yogurt this morning with a blueberry compote. That was a fairly healthy start to my day, so for lunch I'm going to have a plate of vegetables/ doner meat and chips from the local chip shop ( same thing).

Today's joke, a quick one liner:
poop jokes aren't my favourite but they are solid.

Also this week, I was reminded of a great song that I hadn't listened to in ages. ( PS, it is so bad it's good)

it's fun fun fun, on the Croydon tram tram tram.

Now for a song that is actually good, I've listened to it a lot, more times than the Croydon tram song.

Well, bye for now. Have a nice day, and if you're going on the Croydon tram, don't forget to have fun fun fun. I won't be having fun fun fun as I'm revising.

It's boring boring boring, when your are revising revising revising. ( Croydon tram song revision remix, if I could sing I would make it)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending