The Student Room Group

One of those GCSE GYG blog things

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stardom33
Hopefully. 😄
PM me your results on or after results day.

would be more than happy to do that:smile:
It's monday, the day after sunday.

So yeah that's true, and what is also true is that I have been doing a fair bit of revision, (I'll probs still fail anyway). Been watching a lot of freescience lessons and added to my notes for chemistry and physics, just biology to go. Also finally finished my history notes after we finally finished the content. To add to the fun, started doing this predicted paper thing we were given in maths.

Plans for this evening, are to revise for English language. I certainly need to.

Only a couple more weeks to go, and then GCSEs are all over well, I might have to resit my English language but other than that. I hate English, as I just can't see what's not there. I'll stop before I end up typing an essay on a rant about English.

Just throw in a track from my playlist as I do normally:

I know that it may seem some time away now, but I've been wondering.... what am I going to do after exams, I'll sleep for ages first, but then what? I mean GCSE revision has swallowed up the majority of my life ( the little amount of life I had in the first place), Anyone else feel the same?

Following on from the other week, here's another guy making turkey noises, and getting a response so funny to watch.

I should just make people making silly noises a regular feature.

I haven't mentioned my stomach in some posts, so here we go,
Went for a meal out the other day in some pricey restaurant, ( we had vouchers) and myself and my sister both being fans of toilet humour thought it would be funny to have a disgusting conservation about waste. We were told to stop by my parents, as we might "disturb other guests". This got me thinking, why not split restaurants and eateries in half. One half for those who want a quite respectable dinner, the other half for those who want to be rude and have a laugh and maybe the odd food fight if the food is horrible.

I have quite a lot of ideas like this, much like my slightly controversial (so I won't go into too much detail) idea to serve steak at my school's canteen.

Well, time for a long old break of about half an hour, before I crack on with more revision, oh what joy! Oh what fun!

Until next time ( insert turkey noise here ).
(edited 4 years ago)
Hello,
I am only in Year 9, but Iwish you the best of luck for GCSEs.
I agree about the restaurant. 😄
Original post by fish finger fan

So yeah that's true, and what is also true is that I have been doing a fair bit of revision, (I'll probs still fail anyway). Been watching a lot of freescience lessons and added to my notes for chemistry and physics, just biology to go. Also finally finished my history notes after we finally finished the content. To add to the fun, started doing this predicted paper thing we were given in maths.

Plans for this evening, are to revise for English language. I certainly need to.

Only a couple more weeks to go, and then GCSEs are all over well, I might have to resit my English language but other than that. I hate English, as I just can't see what's not there. I'll stop before I end up typing an essay on a rant about English.

I know that it may seem some time away now, but I've been wondering.... what am I going to do after exams, I'll sleep for ages first, but then what? I mean GCSE revision has swallowed up the majority of my life ( the little amount of life I had in the first place), Anyone else feel the same?

Following on from the other week, here's another guy making turkey noises, and getting a response so funny to watch.

Went for a meal out the other day in some pricey restaurant, ( we had vouchers) and myself and my sister both being fans of toilet humour thought it would be funny to have a disgusting conservation about waste. We were told to stop by my parents, as we might "disturb other guests". This got me thinking, why not split restaurants and eateries in half. One half for those who want a quite respectable dinner, the other half for those who want to be rude and have a laugh and maybe the odd food fight if the food is horrible.

I have quite a lot of ideas like this, much like my slightly controversial (so I won't go into too much detail) idea to serve steak at my school's canteen.

Well, time for a long old break of about half an hour, before I crack on with more revision, oh what joy! Oh what fun!

Good luck..you can do this..just push through these three weeks and I love your sense of humor-ur hilarious:u:
Original post by MysticalUnicorn🦄
Hello,
I am only in Year 9, but Iwish you the best of luck for GCSEs.
I agree about the restaurant. 😄

Thank you.
I certainly know which half of the restaurant I'l be sitting in. FOOD FIGHT!!!!!!!!

I know they're some time away, but good luck with your exams ( don't worry about them yet though)
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Good luck..you can do this..just push through these three weeks and I love your sense of humor-ur hilarious:u:

Thank you, that's a really nice message. It says PRSOM though, sorry. Good luck with your exams.
(edited 4 years ago)
Thank you, that's a really nice message. It says PRSOM though, sorry. Good luck with your exams.

NP...You too!
I'd join in with the food fight. 😊
I actually have my second set of mocks in a couple of weeks, which is just great... 😟

Hope your exams are going well so far.
Thank you.
I certainly know which half of the restaurant I'l be sitting in. FOOD FIGHT!!!!!!!!

I know they're some time away, but good luck with your exams ( don't worry about them yet though)
I'd join in with the food fight. 😊
I actually have my second set of mocks in a couple of weeks, which is just great... 😟

Hope your exams are going well so far.

Well good luck for your mocks, I’m sure that they’ll go great. You can do this.

I’m also now quite tempted to start a food fight next time I’m at a restaurant, I’ll start throwing the vegetables.
I hope they do lol. Watch me fail physics.

I'd start with the brocolli (I don't know if that's spelt right 😟) and finish with the seafood. 😄
How are your real exams going? 🤔
Well good luck for your mocks, I’m sure that they’ll go great. You can do this.

I’m also now quite tempted to start a food fight next time I’m at a restaurant, I’ll start throwing the vegetables.
I hope they do lol. Watch me fail physics.

I'd start with the brocolli (I don't know if that's spelt right 😟) and finish with the seafood. 😄
How are your real exams going? 🤔

My real exams, well I wish they weren't real. I'm still waiting for someone to wake me up and tell me that this whole exam thing was a dream ( nightmare more like). On a serious note though ( I don't make many of them), my exams are mixed. Some are going well, but some I know I could have done better in, which is very annoying. This is due to the fact that I am so tired, I think I need to get more sleep on exam nights.

With regards to physics, I'm sure with some hard work you'll do fine, learn the equations and if you feel like you need help, speak to your teacher or someone on here who is good at physics.

Wish you the best of luck for your mocks and real exams.
Thank you!
Make sure you get enough sleep, otherwise that hard work will just be wasted. I suppose you're staying up late because you're revising? Maybe not? Idk. But try to go to bed earlier and eat a good breakfast. Just concentrate on your future exams and the ones that went well, cause if you dwell on the bad ones then you'll never improve. 😟

My physics teacher is the worst one that I could ever ask for, so there's not much point in asking him. He is sooo confusing. 🤤 I am new on TSR (made my account yesterday 🤗), so I don't really know anybody who is good at physics. I mean, I'm not doing terribly, I got a 6 on my last mocks. But I have to work really hard for it compared to my other subjects, it looks attrocious (I haven't spelt that right either...? 🤔).

Anyway, good luck and remember to look after yourself.
My real exams, well I wish they weren't real. I'm still waiting for someone to wake me up and tell me that this whole exam thing was a dream ( nightmare more like). On a serious note though ( I don't make many of them), my exams are mixed. Some are going well, but some I know I could have done better in, which is very annoying. This is due to the fact that I am so tired, I think I need to get more sleep on exam nights.

With regards to physics, I'm sure with some hard work you'll do fine, learn the equations and if you feel like you need help, speak to your teacher or someone on here who is good at physics.

Wish you the best of luck for your mocks and real exams.
Thank you!
Make sure you get enough sleep, otherwise that hard work will just be wasted. I suppose you're staying up late because you're revising? Maybe not? Idk. But try to go to bed earlier and eat a good breakfast. Just concentrate on your future exams and the ones that went well, cause if you dwell on the bad ones then you'll never improve. 😟

My physics teacher is the worst one that I could ever ask for, so there's not much point in asking him. He is sooo confusing. 🤤 I am new on TSR (made my account yesterday 🤗), so I don't really know anybody who is good at physics. I mean, I'm not doing terribly, I got a 6 on my last mocks. But I have to work really hard for it compared to my other subjects, it looks attrocious (I haven't spelt that right either...? 🤔).

Anyway, good luck and remember to look after yourself.

Welcome to TSR, it's good to see nice people joining. A grade 6 is really really good, and is not failing. You've got a couple of years to go, so don't worry yourself about it yet. Thanks for the advice, I'm taking it on board. Good luck.
Thank you. 😄
Welcome to TSR, it's good to see nice people joining. A grade 6 is really really good, and is not failing. You've got a couple of years to go, so don't worry yourself about it yet. Thanks for the advice, I'm taking it on board. Good luck.
Hi and welcome back to free science lessons. co uk

I've heard that line so many times now.

Unsurprisingly, I've been revising for most of this week. A mix of every subject. Also been attending revision session things at school, had one for geography, one for history, and tomorrow one for English (which I desperately need).

Today though, had that history revision thing in the morning (urgh getting out of bed before 11 am), and I've been through my history notes at home along with some maths and English revision.

Tomorrow, along with the English thing, I will also do some.....urm I dunno whatever. There's no plan at the moment, probably some maths revision, and something else revision.

To be honest, I've got very little motivation ,and I'm forcing myself to keep going, but then again aren't we all.

But at rubbish times like now, I find that funny things are great forms of motivation, for example:

With regards to the music section of this blog, I thought to maybe celebrate some older songs, such as this one from last year, one of my favourite songs from last year:

Sorry, it's a quickish post today,

Well I'm of to have a revision break, and then tonight I will revise, focusing on history and geography.

Bye for now.
Trust, I swear that guy says welcome back to free science lessons and you can buy my revision guide from the link above EVERY TIME. 😝 I was watching physics yesterday and my God he's posh. 😢😭
Keep on going, you're doing so well! Push yourself through these couple of weeks and you'll get the grades you want. 😄
Loving the music btw.
Good luck! 😊
Hi and welcome back to free science lessons. co uk

I've heard that line so many times now.

Unsurprisingly, I've been revising for most of this week. A mix of every subject. Also been attending revision session things at school, had one for geography, one for history, and tomorrow one for English (which I desperately need).

Today though, had that history revision thing in the morning (urgh getting out of bed before 11 am), and I've been through my history notes at home along with some maths and English revision.

Tomorrow, along with the English thing, I will also do some.....urm I dunno whatever. There's no plan at the moment, probably some maths revision, and something else revision.

To be honest, I've got very little motivation ,and I'm forcing myself to keep going, but then again aren't we all.

But at rubbish times like now, I find that funny things are great forms of motivation, for example:

With regards to the music section of this blog, I thought to maybe celebrate some older songs, such as this one from last year, one of my favourite songs from last year:

Sorry, it's a quickish post today,

Well I'm of to have a revision break, and then tonight I will revise, focusing on history and geography.

Bye for now.
Oh, I know you've finished your French exams. But did you listen to French music?
Trust, I swear that guy says welcome back to free science lessons and you can buy my revision guide from the link above EVERY TIME. 😝 I was watching physics yesterday and my God he's posh. 😢😭
Keep on going, you're doing so well! Push yourself through these couple of weeks and you'll get the grades you want. 😄
Loving the music btw.
Good luck! 😊

Thank you for reading,

Yeah trust me as someone who can now say that they’ve watched nearly every free science lessons video, he does say welcome back, and also tries to sell his revision guide in all of his videos. I also find that he misses out on soooooo many chances to make good jokes, I respect him and all that, but he should start adding humour to his videos.

Good luck with your exams.
Oh, I know you've finished your French exams. But did you listen to French music?

Only on the night before the exam, I tuned into a French radio station. Couldn’t really understand a word they were saying lol, but they were laughing about something. But I suppose if I’d started earlier it could have been useful.
No problem. That guy is wayyyy too serious, he needs to slacken. He full on wears a suit as well, it's a YouTube channel and people normally wear jeans and a hoodie. His knowledge is good and he really helps, but I agree with you, his voice just drones a lot... 😪
Thank you for reading,

Yeah trust me as someone who can now say that they’ve watched nearly every free science lessons video, he does say welcome back, and also tries to sell his revision guide in all of his videos. I also find that he misses out on soooooo many chances to make good jokes, I respect him and all that, but he should start adding humour to his videos.

Good luck with your exams.

Yeah, I find it really good for listening exams. I'm struggling to find people who do the same though lol. 😯 Also, are you posting your results on here after results day?
Only on the night before the exam, I tuned into a French radio station. Couldn’t really understand a word they were saying lol, but they were laughing about something. But I suppose if I’d started earlier it could have been useful.

Quick Reply