The Student Room Group

Who writes a diary?

I write something in my diary nearly every 2 days (if i have time) it helps me get my feelings through...it feels like someone is always there to listen, always there to help get your emotions out. I mean the down side is you don't get help back and no advice. But there's slight relief in it...

So...who writes a diary? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Not me, something bad happened last time I did.
Reply 2
IT IS!!! i looked back on my last years one...god that was interesting. hahahahahaha
Reply 3
Original post by Obolinda
Not me, something bad happened last time I did.

Ohhhh god. Did someone find it?
Original post by RG250
Ohhhh god. Did someone find it?

My mum
Reply 5
My mum

....god.....

hope it wasn't that terrible what she read
Original post by RG250
....god.....

hope it wasn't that terrible what she read

It was:redface:
Reply 7
Me, I write in it once a year or once every two years to reflect on everything that had happened but I do draw little diagrams with captions explaining everything that happened that day(sometimes I forget).
Reply 8
Original post by Lala143
Me, I write in it once a year or once every two years to reflect on everything that had happened but I do draw little diagrams with captions explaining everything that happened that day(sometimes I forget).

Clever idea. :smile:
Reply 9
It was:redface:

Oooohhh noooo! what was her reaction :smile:
Reply 10
It is! It helps me get my emotions out
Original post by RG250
Oooohhh noooo! what was her reaction :smile:

Anger, lol
Original post by RG250
It is! It helps me get my emotions out

It’s cathartic having to release the steam of burning thoughts,ideas and repressed feelings
Reply 13
Original post by Coffee567
It’s cathartic having to release the steam of burning thoughts,ideas and repressed feelings

Yeah :smile:
Reply 14
Anger, lol

hahhaa oh god lol

Would ask what you wrote...but that's invade of privacy lol :smile:
Reply 15
Meh it's not for everyone.

Least you can clear your mind one way :smile:
me.for two years+
I do, I have a “5 year diary” book where I can write a sentence or 2 every day for 5 years. I started it on January 1st 2019. I think it would be such a precious object in years to come because I could look back at the most eventful time of my teenage hood. I do struggle to fit the time in to write so but I never leave a page blank. I also have a daily ticker which I started at the beginning of my gcse course until the end and the ticks in blue with a little writing by the side are the special days that happened (eg someone’s bday)
Reply 18
Not sure if this counts as a “dairy” but a use a mood tracker called daylio and write about my day in the notes.
I kept a diary from age 11-17on and off. Just don’t find time to write in it anymore but found it great writing in at the time and it’s so funny to look back on!

Quick Reply

Latest