The Student Room Group

Withdrawing my uni offers to go through extra and clearing???

I have placed university of Kent as my firm choice on ucas as I liked the uni at first and wanted to go there however upon consideration I would like to go to a different university however I am unable to withdraw my application on ucas as I have passed the deadline so I think I will be emailing the university to withdraw my application.

Is this a good choice? Will I be able to get an offer from the more prestigious universities on extra or clearing? I would really like to go to the University of Sheffield to study sociology but I am fearful that this course will be filled up as it is quiet popular so is it worth it? I’m really unsure of what to do right now so any advice would be helpful.
Original post by setarexhx
I have placed university of Kent as my firm choice on ucas as I liked the uni at first and wanted to go there however upon consideration I would like to go to a different university however I am unable to withdraw my application on ucas as I have passed the deadline so I think I will be emailing the university to withdraw my application.

Is this a good choice? Will I be able to get an offer from the more prestigious universities on extra or clearing? I would really like to go to the University of Sheffield to study sociology but I am fearful that this course will be filled up as it is quiet popular so is it worth it? I’m really unsure of what to do right now so any advice would be helpful.

My advice is to phone Admissions at Sheffield Uni before withdrawing from Kent and ask whether they still have vacancies on the course and whether they would consider an applicant with your grades? If they give you a positive response it suggests that you would be able to get into a better uni through Extra but if they wouldn't accept someone with your grades/predicted grades then it is obviously more risky to give up your Kent offer
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest