The Student Room Group

Student Loans Advice

Im looking to enrol on an Open University Course in the next week or two.

I will be applying for a student loan, what exactly do student loans cover, Tuition is an obvious answer, but I will also need to get a new computer or Laptop and was wondering if a student loan would cover the cost of a new computer or laptop...

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks,

FQ

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Hey,

You would need to apply for a Maintenance loan alongside your Tuition Fee loan.

They would give you a maintenance loan based on the taxable income of your household, so the loan amount could vary. This loan is meant for living costs etc and is separate from your tuition fee loan.
Original post by FozzQuaker
Im looking to enrol on an Open University Course in the next week or two.

I will be applying for a student loan, what exactly do student loans cover, Tuition is an obvious answer, but I will also need to get a new computer or Laptop and was wondering if a student loan would cover the cost of a new computer or laptop...

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks,

FQ

Original post by cscottlees
Hey,

You would need to apply for a Maintenance loan alongside your Tuition Fee loan.

They would give you a maintenance loan based on the taxable income of your household, so the loan amount could vary. This loan is meant for living costs etc and is separate from your tuition fee loan.
Thanks for that, is the Maintenance Loan seperate from Student Loans or do I apply for Maintenance Loan from the same people as Student Loan

No worries, you'd apply for the maintenance loan from the same people as your student loan.
Original post by FozzQuaker
Thanks for that, is the Maintenance Loan seperate from Student Loans or do I apply for Maintenance Loan from the same people as Student Loan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending