DGeorge13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Chickenhead11)
Ive seen those slides too! But idk if I trust its info as on the virtual open day they said they would be inviting 200-300 people for interview.
I’m trying to decide between Bristol and KMMS as I’m worried my UCAT won’t be good enough for Bristol. Stats: 10 9s at gcse 3a*s predicted and doing epq UCAT 715 band 3 (May go for Bristol but don’t know
Advertisement
StudentRep Annabel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by here_and_now)
Hi all,
I'm also interested in trying to find out more about Kent and Medway's selection process for inviting applicants to interview, such as whether they are ranking by UCAT score alone... I tried emailing the admissions department directly, and the answers I got were vague at best. I did a little research on my own and came across some info on what appears to be a PowerPoint presentation given by the dean of the medical school:

"Applications Process
Applications will be shortlisted for interviews based on GCSE
grades and qualifications being taken
Then ranked using their UCAT score – taking top 500
• Approx. 500 applicants will be invited to the Multiple Mini Interview
(MMI) process
• Approx. 300 applicants will be made an offer based on their MMI
score
• There will likely be a waiting list for the MMI dates, and for those
to whom we could not make an offer post-interview
• Applicants will require a DBS check and an occupational health
check – these will be conditions of offer"

Here is the link where I found this (page 11). I'm not sure when this talk was given, so it's possible that this information is outdated. Is there anyone from the school (StudentRep Annabel?) that can comment on whether this information is accurate? Thanks in advance for your help!
Hiya
Unfortunately, I am not directly connected with the medical school as I'm a social media rep and student at the University of Kent. Because of this I don't know if the information you have found is accurate and unfortunately have no way of checking this either. The best people to ask these kinds of questions to is the Admissions team as they have the most up to date information on the application and selection process. I'm really sorry I can't be of more help! But if you ask the Admissions team the information you have found is correct I'm sure they'll be able to help you out
Really sorry again that I can't help!
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by StudentRep Annabel)
Hiya
Unfortunately, I am not directly connected with the medical school as I'm a social media rep and student at the University of Kent. Because of this I don't know if the information you have found is accurate and unfortunately have no way of checking this either. The best people to ask these kinds of questions to is the Admissions team as they have the most up to date information on the application and selection process. I'm really sorry I can't be of more help! But if you ask the Admissions team the information you have found is correct I'm sure they'll be able to help you out
Really sorry again that I can't help!
I tried that earlier and I just got sent a link to the website and a phone number
Advertisement
Langsett
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Your Ucat I would defo say iscompetitive for Bristol What are your other choices like
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Langsett)
Your Ucat I would defo say iscompetitive for Bristol What are your other choices like
Uea, Newcastle(partners), Exeter (guaranteed interview so long as my form submits)
Advertisement
Langsett
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
What do you mean guaranteed interview as long as form submits ?Have you been to both Bristol and KMMS ?Which do you prefer ?I have seen your sats on other posts all of these look good choices and safe bets
Chickenhead11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Is anyone willing to call them up and get a definitive answer for what their selection process is? I would but I’m extremely busy atm and don’t think I’d have free time to do it till October.
Advertisement
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Is anyone willing to call them up and get a definitive answer for what their selection process is? I would but I’m extremely busy atm and don’t think I’d have free time to do it till October.
I really want someone to do this as I’m so busy you wouldn’t believe
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I tried emailing and did their strange form and just got a link to their website sent to me
Advertisement
Chickenhead11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by DGeorge13)
I tried emailing and did their strange form and just got a link to their website sent to me
Ahh same ://
here_and_now
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by DGeorge13)
Same :/ There's no phone number that I can find for admissions. I've tried emailing using that contact form several times and just get similar vague responses. So frustrating.
Advertisement
redorde
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
How many applicants were there last year? How many places were available?

What is the standard offer? How important is the UCAT?
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by redorde)

Have you done any research at all?
KMMS is a new med school, with 2020 its first cohort of 100 places.
Read their website which tells you entry requirements and selection process
Advertisement
StudentRep Annabel
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by redorde)

Hi there!
Kent and Medway Medical School is new for September 2020 so this year's applicants will be the first intake. The standard offer is AAB. For any more info on entry requirements and applying to KKMS, please take a look at their website. Here is the link.
Best of luck with any applications
leahnj
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
is it not GMC accreditied?!??!? that's very worrying
Last edited by leahnj; 5 months ago
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by leahnj)
is it not GMC accreditied?!??!? that's very worrying
It will be when the first graduates receive their degrees.
leahnj
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)
It will be when the first graduates receive their degrees.
ok thank you
Advertisement
citrusltm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I have 8 9s and 2 7s for GCSE and predicted A*AA but ucat is only 2450 (612.5 avenge) so if they’re ranking you on this I might not apply. Do you think it’s better to apply to somewhere like Leicester where I have met the threshold in the past few years or apply here but not be sure what the cutoff will be? I personally prefer this course but I feel safer and more likely to get an interview with Leicester :/
Lozc3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Are you guaranteed an interview if you have contextual data?
StudentRep Annabel
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Lozc3)
Are you guaranteed an interview if you have contextual data?
Hi there!
On their website it says that you are guaranteed an interview if you are;
'Currently studying at schools in the Kent & Medway Progression Federation (KMPF), a partner school or college of either Canterbury Christ Church University or the University of Kent or at a University of Kent Academies Trust school'
I would assume that from this, that if you receive the contextual offer there isn't necessarily a guarantee of interview if you don't meet these other criteria.
I hope that this clears it up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads