Report 4 months ago
Anyone applying to kmms for 2020
What’s your ucat scores ?
RyanS101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi guys ,thought I’d start a thread on those who are applying to kmms.
Any graduates ? Or are you a level students ?
Ucat scores ?
swiftab97
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
m

(Original post by RyanS101)
Hi guys ,thought I’d start a thread on those who are applying to kmms.
Any graduates ? Or are you a level students ?
Ucat scores ?
im a graduate, considering KMMS as one of my options but still not entirely sure. ucat score of 667.5 band 2. You?
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Is that how they say they are going to do it ? When I enquiried they said they don’t know yet.
I’m wondering if they will employ similar method to keele or Sunderland
They say:
"The UCAT scores will be used alongside our entry criteria when initially assessing applications. There will be a further review of contextual data and applicants' personal statements before the final selection for MMI (Multiple Mini Interview) takes place."

I would take that as you must meet entry requirements (obviously!) and then they reank on UCAT jiggle it a bit if contextual and check the PS does not say anything stupid before inviting for interview.
It would be very unfair if they added in another way of scoring that is not mentioned on their website
Last edited by GANFYD; 4 months ago
RyanS101
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I see .

(Original post by GANFYD)
They say:
"The UCAT scores will be used alongside our entry criteria when initially assessing applications. There will be a further review of contextual data and applicants' personal statements before the final selection for MMI (Multiple Mini Interview) takes place."

I would take that as you must meet entry requirements (obviously!) and then they reank on UCAT jiggle it a bit if contextual and check the PS does not say anything stupid before inviting for interview.
It would be veryunfair if they added in another way of scoring that is not mentioned on thier website
I see what your saying. My ucat is fairly low , I wonder will they rank the sj band as part of the scoring as I got band 1 . But doubt they will
Lozc3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Does anyone know how to contact KMMS? I made an equiry but still have not had a reply.
RyanS101
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Lozc3)
Does anyone know how to contact KMMS? I made an equiry but still have not had a reply.
01227 827778

Try this ^
Ianrlawrence
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Do people believe that this brand new medicine course will have less applicants because it is brand new ? And therefore a better chance of getting an interview ?
StudentRep Annabel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ianrlawrence)
Do people believe that this brand new medicine course will have less applicants because it is brand new ? And therefore a better chance of getting an interview ?
Hi there!
It is really quite hard to say, as you can never really know how many people apply for a course unless you're part of a university admissions team. But I'd recommend posting your question in the Kent and Medway medical school thread as there are lots of people talking about their applications on there Here's the thread;
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5866148

Best of luck with your application!
Ianrlawrence
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by KentUni)
Kent and Medway Medical School (KMMS) is a new Medical School in the South East of England. It is an exciting collaboration between Canterbury Christ Church University and the University of Kent and opens to students in 2020!

Here is a place for you to discuss applications or ask any questions about the new Medical School.

It can be helpful on these threads to give a bit of an introduction so feel free to share:

Name/Username:
Course(s) Applied for:
Other Unis Applied to:
Are you coming to an Open Day?

We're happy to answer any questions you might have!
Ianrlawrence
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks very much
dinosaurdumpling
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Is it risky applying to a new medical school such as KMMS? I was mainly looking at it since I liked the city and there were certain aspects of the course that intrigued me. But with it being brand new, I won’t know how ‘good’ the course actually is since there have been no past students to share their personal opinion/experience.
Last edited by dinosaurdumpling; 4 months ago
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
This is generally the case and new med schools have ended up in Extra or Clearing in recent years, but I suspect KMMS will be pretty popular (is certainly mentione A LOT on the threads) due to its AAB offer. Many people will see this as a good potential insurance place, so I suspect they may end up with places on results day, but might have a lot of people applying now
Ianrlawrence
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That’s a good point. In which case it may be better not to put it on the application but if the worst happens hope you can get in through clearing
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That’s a good point. In which case it may be better not to put it on the application but if the worst happens hope you can get in through clearing
You and several thousand others! But somebody has to get any places available 🙂
raz.h
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
just sent my application through!! has anyone else ? also does anyone know when their interview offers start to come out ? )
Chowderzzz
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Anyone applying to kmms for 2020
What’s your ucat scores ?
2800, Band 1. Would’ve liked to get slightly higher to make up for my slightly worse grades (AAB) but I understand that 2800 is still very good so I’m not too disappointed.
citrusltm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My ucat is 2450 (612.5 average) band 3 which is reaaally low but my GCSEs, a level predictions and personal statement are quite good so I hope that makes up for it. Since it’s a new medical school I’m hoping the cutoff will be low. I’ve also applied to Leeds, Plymouth and Cardiff.
Potat0lover
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi guys I called up the admissions team today and they said that they will be ranking everyone who meets the minimum requirements by UCAT before inviting X number to interview. The only SJT requirement is above band 4. Undergraduates and graduates will be ranked together and graduates have no gcse or a level requirements only need a 2.1 or above in an ‘acceptable degree’ they have a list so if you ring they can advise further. They were more vague about how they will be using ps in the scoring but did say they will look at it prior to inviting to interview. Hope this helps!
Chez231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Potat0lover)
Hi guys I called up the admissions team today and they said that they will be ranking everyone who meets the minimum requirements by UCAT before inviting X number to interview. The only SJT requirement is above band 4. Undergraduates and graduates will be ranked together and graduates have no gcse or a level requirements only need a 2.1 or above in an ‘acceptable degree’ they have a list so if you ring they can advise further. They were more vague about how they will be using ps in the scoring but did say they will look at it prior to inviting to interview. Hope this helps!
Did they tell you what the cut off will be ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads