The Student Room Group

Do you feel uncomfortable around people that wear hoodies/have their hoodies up?

I'm asking because I like wearing having my hood up when out in public. I listen to music and my earphones are really big and noticeable so they low-key annoy me.

I'm just interested to see what people think, that's all cos I feel quite conflicted about wearing a hoodie for some reason.
I personally find that I am more weary around people who have their hoods up, purely due to the “bad stereotypes” they lead but once I have noticed that the persons mannerisms are nothing to be suspicious of and that they are going to do no harm, then I feel fine around the person
I find it kind of kinky.
Reply 3
I mean I wear a hoodie all the time I think it’s more of how you look while wearing a hoodie (body language ) my best guess is people would feel uncomfortable around someone who seems a bit shady wearing a hoodie or seems like there going to fight someone however I wouldn’t recommend wearing the hood while in a group of friends (unless they are ) because you might look a bit odd or at least like the odd one out
Reply 4
I also have my hands in my pockets. I'm quite self conscious about people looking at me, or at my hands/arms. That probably doesn't help make others more comfortable come to think of it.
At night it can be quite creepy to walk past people with a hood up but during the day I don’t really notice unless it’s a group of hooded teens
Reply 6
Nah, but I understand why people do.
Original post by gjd800
Nah, but I understand why people do.

Before I had my facial hair trimmed last week, I thought I looked ridiculous with a hood up.
When I wear hoodies it's cos I want to look less fat so baggy hoodies do that well
I only put my hood up when it's raining or when am walking through a dodgy area at night and I don't want people to see I'm a young looking woman
Original post by CoolCavy
When I wear hoodies it's cos I want to look less fat so baggy hoodies do that well
I only put my hood up when it's raining or when am walking through a dodgy area at night and I don't want people to see I'm a young looking woman

A girl wearing a Superdry hoodie = :sexface:

(Not wanting to creep you out by the way, but which brand do you wear?)
Original post by Unexpectedly
A girl wearing a Superdry hoodie = :sexface:

(Not wanting to creep you out by the way, but which brand do you wear?)

:lol:
i dont really mainly due to my lack of money :colondollar: am a basic asda hoodie person :lol:
Original post by CoolCavy
:lol:
i dont really mainly due to my lack of money :colondollar: am a basic asda hoodie person :lol:

Still find it a bit :sexface: if you don't mind me saying. :colondollar:
Original post by Unexpectedly
Still find it a bit :sexface: if you don't mind me saying. :colondollar:

Get a room
Nope. I'll assume that either a) they're trying to look scary when they're probably not (the rest of their attire gives this one away), b) they're really awkward and they don't want to be looked at, or c) their head is cold.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Nope. I'll assume that either a) they're trying to look scary when they're probably not (the rest of their attire gives this one away), b) they're really awkward and they don't want to be looked at, or c) their head is cold.

Option B for me:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending