The Student Room Group

Birth control panic

Pls need help advice
I finished my birth control pills last Friday now its monday until now no period im worry alot hope u answer me advice pls
Original post by Hazel mae
Pls need help advice
I finished my birth control pills last Friday now its monday until now no period im worry alot hope u answer me advice pls

Did you have sex between Friday and today? If no, you are fine. If yes, you have to see a nurse.

I am not a woman.
Reply 2
I dont have sex friday and today
I finished my last pill friday so i have 1week break im waiting my period until now nothing
Completely normal. Don't worry about it. Start the next packet after one week regardless of when your period comes.
I dont have sex friday and today
I finished my last pill friday so i have 1week break im waiting my period until now nothing

I think you are worrying unnecessarily. If you took your last pill on Friday, your period wouldn't start until today at the earliest - more likely Tuesday
Reply 5
So tomorrow should my period to come?its Monday late nyt here
So tomorrow should my period to come?its Monday late nyt here

I would expect it to come in the next day or two, yes.
Reply 7
Its my firstime to take pills its my first pack finished friday now monday no period yet
I remember before i have spotting when mid cycle of pack isn’t normal
Reply 8
So Tuesday or more it will come
Reply 9
More advice pls
Its my firstime to take pills its my first pack finished friday now monday no period yet
I remember before i have spotting when mid cycle of pack isn’t normal

Yes, I can tell you're new to it :smile:

Spotting mid cycle is normal when you first start taking the pill but it stops when your body gets adjusted to it. Your period should come soon but you need to try and relax as being too stressed can delay it further
Reply 11
Ok some i read 4days period should come tomorrow my 4day i hope my period come
I have notice morning some brown spotting but only little is that a indicate my period coming
Reply 12
It is my firstime pack spotting mid cycle of pack only 1day spotting after that no more
Then I finished my pack friday im waiting my period its monday now
Ok some i read 4days period should come tomorrow my 4day i hope my period come
I have notice morning some brown spotting but only little is that a indicate my period coming

Probably yes
Reply 14
Im praying it will come by tomorrow
More advice pls

It usually takes 48-72 hours after your last pill for your withdrawal bleed (period) to start. Expect it to be lighter than your usual period and it's pretty normal for it to come on more gradually.
Reply 16
Ok thank you if my period come when to start again the pill
Ok thank you if my period come when to start again the pill

Seeing as you took the last one on a Friday, you will take the first one of the new pack this Saturday
this is normal for first starting the pill. you are worrying over nothing. Me personally; finish my pack on a Tuesday and get my period on the Sunday to Friday, so mine takes 5days to come and I've been on it for a year

Quick Reply

Latest