Conflict and Tension GCSE

Watch this thread
MDMA06
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So, towards the end of april I have mock exams coming up and I am totally unsure how I should revise for history GCSE. Does anyone have any useful and effective methods regarding how to revise for history?
username4542966
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I like making flashcards/using quizlet to remember important dates and figures.
Then for the content I think making timelines are really helpful, as are practice questions to really cement ur knowledge!
MDMA06
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by username4542966)
I like making flashcards/using quizlet to remember important dates and figures.
Then for the content I think making timelines are really helpful, as are practice questions to really cement ur knowledge!
Thank you so much! Dates are a big problem for me and I will definitely work on them with this advice.
witheredhope7
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
When I did GCSE history- I made an A5 booklet filled with all the significant dates- so all the dates for Medicine through time and Conflict and Tension and Germany and grouped them together for each one (So it was really handy just to pull it out before the exam and have a quick flick through). For the rest of it, I read through a lot of textbooks (the AQA ones for each topic) and watched GCSE Pod and the occasional Crash Course video to further my knowledge. I think something that you have to do is really learn the structures for each question for AQA we had a 4 mark source question, an 8 mark knowledge recall and comparison question and finally a balanced answer question and you can find the structures for them in the AQA or the exam board books. Also learn it as though you are going to teach someone else, that way you learn it rigorously. Enjoy!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (30)
27.27%
Take a gap year (17)
15.45%
Resit my exams (30)
27.27%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (17)
15.45%
I don't know yet (11)
10%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.55%

Watched Threads