The Student Room Group

Access to Law. How did it go?!

Hi,

After a huge amount of thought, I am about to begin a change of career at the age of 30! Law is something I have always considered and something that I have always been interested in. The aim is to qualify as a Solicitor.

I have contemplated studying with the Open University, but it seems an access course and the gaining entry into a brick university would be the most rewarding route for me to take.

I am hoping to speak to anyone that has studied an Access to HE Law course and since attended University to study Law.

I have a few questions;

- which access course did you study? I'm looking at distance learning.

- Did you receive many offers and who from? How did the Universities regard the course?

- What grades did you achieve on your access course?

- How is life at University as a mature student?

- Anyone nearing completion of their degree or perhaps on a work-placement, how have firms responded to your route into University? Are they still looking for A-levels? How do firms view the access course?

Thanks in advance for any information, it is appreciated!
Reply 1
Ps. Mods, I hope this is in the correct forum! Thanks!
Original post by Bmal
Hi,

After a huge amount of thought, I am about to begin a change of career at the age of 30! Law is something I have always considered and something that I have always been interested in. The aim is to qualify as a Solicitor.

I have contemplated studying with the Open University, but it seems an access course and the gaining entry into a brick university would be the most rewarding route for me to take.

I am hoping to speak to anyone that has studied an Access to HE Law course and since attended University to study Law.

I have a few questions;

- which access course did you study? I'm looking at distance learning.

- Did you receive many offers and who from? How did the Universities regard the course?

- What grades did you achieve on your access course?

- How is life at University as a mature student?

- Anyone nearing completion of their degree or perhaps on a work-placement, how have firms responded to your route into University? Are they still looking for A-levels? How do firms view the access course?

Thanks in advance for any information, it is appreciated!

Your best bet for a distance course is @DCDC

I studied at a college location. I got 45 distinctions and received offers from all five of my choices. It was important for me to stay in the North, so I went with the University of York, but I feel like I could have applied pretty much anywhere!
Reply 3
Original post by AndrewMarkSP
Your best bet for a distance course is @DCDC

I studied at a college location. I got 45 distinctions and received offers from all five of my choices. It was important for me to stay in the North, so I went with the University of York, but I feel like I could have applied pretty much anywhere!

Thanks for the shout out! I dropped him a PM :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending