Christopher22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi. I'm applying as an undergrad in 2020. Have had a look at various Unis online. Like the look of the course at Exeter. Would like a course which has study abroad/placement if poss or Msc - so basically happy to do four years. Haven't visited any yet but would like your ideas on the best ones to go and see. Go!
thatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Glasgow is great for masters, study abroad and expeditions!!!
Lutra_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sheffield University's Animal & Plant Sciences department is a great place to study if you're into whole organism biology! You could do an integrated masters in Zoology with a placement year, or an integrated masters in Biology with either a study abroad year or a placement year.

(Essentially APS includes Biology, Plant Science, Zoology, and Ecology & Conservation Biology. They're all one cohort, but the degree you're on influences which modules you can pick. So they all have a common set of core modules and a range of optional modules, but then, for example, Zoology students might have to do a particular animal module that's optional for everyone else. Biology students have the fewest core modules and therefore the most choice, but they're expected to choose a minimum number of plant and animal modules to get a balanced education.)

One of the features I really enjoyed was the field course module between second and third year. You get the opportunity to go on a week long trip to learn about an ecosystem of your choice, whether that's in the Peak District, Wales, Portgual, the Swedish arctic, Tanzania, or a rainforest in Malaysian Borneo. I went to Sweden and had a great time!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.13%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (19)
15.7%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (21)
17.36%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (16)
13.22%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (37)
30.58%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (23)
19.01%

Watched Threads