The Student Room Group

Do you recommend to do a MSc Renewable Energy Engineering at Aberdeen?

I have received several offers for doing a MSc. Renewable Energy course, and I am confused to pick up one of them, however, I think Aberdeen is the best among of them, as its course modules focus on renewable technologies and it is certified for engineering, whereas Leeds' programme modules focus on electrical engineering and provides one or two modules for renewable energy (Wind and Solar only). Do you agree with me for this choice, especially I have completed a BSc. Electrical Power Engineering? And do you recommend to do a MSc Renewable Energy Engineering at Aberdeen?

Offers received from,
1- Edinburgh: MSc. Sustainable Energy.
2- Manchester: MSc. Renewable Energy and Clean Technology.
3- Aberdeen: MSc. Renewable Energy Engineering.
4- Leeds: MSc. Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energy Systems.
5- Loughborough: MSc. Renewable Energy Systems Technology.

Apologize for my long question...

Thanks in advance.
Original post by esk986
I have received several offers for doing a MSc. Renewable Energy course, and I am confused to pick up one of them, however, I think Aberdeen is the best among of them, as its course modules focus on renewable technologies and it is certified for engineering, whereas Leeds' programme modules focus on electrical engineering and provides one or two modules for renewable energy (Wind and Solar only). Do you agree with me for this choice, especially I have completed a BSc. Electrical Power Engineering? And do you recommend to do a MSc Renewable Energy Engineering at Aberdeen?

Offers received from,
1- Edinburgh: MSc. Sustainable Energy.
2- Manchester: MSc. Renewable Energy and Clean Technology.
3- Aberdeen: MSc. Renewable Energy Engineering.
4- Leeds: MSc. Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energy Systems.
5- Loughborough: MSc. Renewable Energy Systems Technology.

Apologize for my long question...

Thanks in advance.

Aberdeen! It would also give you the opportunity to collaborate with local employers since the energy capital of the UK is Aberdeen.

I have a friend who did the Renewable course at Loughborough and he had no complaints...not sure if he got a job after though I havent spoken to him in a while.

I also have other friends who went to Aberdeen and graduated in September 2018 (although they both did the Petroleum Eng course). One is working for BP now and the other for some energy company in Wales which I've forgot the name of.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest