The Student Room Group

Life help;uni, sixth form etc would appreciate any input

Deleted
(edited 5 years ago)
You could look into possible business ideas with clothing? Qualifications aren't "necessary" as such but your ability to predict a market will determine how well you do :smile:
Original post by PatrickCornford
Right ill start off by saying ive basically signed up just to write this and get any help i can at all.

Basically ive been a right muppet. I got decent GCSEs to get back into the grammar school i went to all throughout secondary but then a month in moved to a regular sixth form which i dont regret at all, i moved to do Law which my school wouldnt let me as they said i wasnt good enough. I did it anyway to be proved right and a couple months into this school yaer i dropped it ( Im now year 13). I am then also doing awfully in DT and will probably come out with a D/E, however i have secured a B in business and am going for the A in finance which should be achievable.

I didnt know what to do at uni so i have taken a gap year and didnt apply but now the more that i think about it i do want to go but i think more for the social side which i know everyone will say is pointless.

I am very interested in clothing and run my own Depop page with vintage designer and have saved up enough for my car and everything so it is doing me quite well. I am also interested in photography. However after looking at fashion courses i dont think the jobs as such interest me and it is more of a side hustle, i also think the same with photography.

I am quite good at finance but dont think id like to pursue a career in it as i dont want an office job as such.

My biggest question i am essentially asking here is what can i do in my gap year to get enough UCAS points for UNI as i am quite likely going to come out with BBE. Is there like a one year level 3 btec i can do or should i just forget about the whole uni idea?

This has been a shambolic first post i know and have pretty much just written what ive thought. Really appreciate any input at all.

I think foundation years could be a better option for you than doing an extra level 3 qualification.

Quick Reply

Latest