AB823
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I got a reduced offer to university CCC, I’ve firmed this, and am excited to go. I’ve just received my mock grades back and I got CCD, admittedly I didn’t revise all that much but for sociology, in which modular assessments I usually get in the A grade bracket, I did. but in my mocks I got a c which isn’t bad but not great. Is it worth going to university with alevel grades that aren’t that great? Will it be too difficult?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AB823)
Hi,

I got a reduced offer to university CCC, I’ve firmed this, and am excited to go. I’ve just received my mock grades back and I got CCD, admittedly I didn’t revise all that much but for sociology, in which modular assessments I usually get in the A grade bracket, I did. but in my mocks I got a c which isn’t bad but not great. Is it worth going to university with alevel grades that aren’t that great? Will it be too difficult?
If the university has given you a CCC offer they would believe that you could cope with the course with those grades, as it's not good for them to drop out because they can't cope so if you meet your offer I wouldn't worry about it. University is a different kettle of fish to university in some ways it's harder but i got BEE in my a levels and was getting solid 2:1s and 1st once I got the hang of university study (although i had more support than a levels and things were going better in my personal life which had affected my a levels).
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AB823)
Hi,

It's not worth worrying over mock grades - you admit yourself that you didn't revise very much so it is likely that your final A level grades will be better Also, the Uni wouldn't accept people with CCC or similar if they didn't think they could cope with the course
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (137)
14.44%
I'm not sure (42)
4.43%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (286)
30.14%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.53%
I'm not a current university student (460)
48.47%

Watched Threads