The Student Room Group

she rejected my love letter

I've gone and done something really stupid. I fancied a girl on my course, we were just friends, not even close ones, but I decided to write down what I felt about her in a letter.
My friend passed it on to her, and apparently she and a friend fell about laughing.
When we next had our lessons, she was so angry and basically told me that how could I even think we could be an item, and anyway she had a boyfriend.
I was devastated, I physically felt I couldn't come into class and I've missed 2 weeks already..I spent the time crying at home.
Now after all my stupidity, I have to face her for the next 2 years on my course- I really don't know how to face her...I mean imagine being put in a group with her for some task!!
How am I going cope?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've gone and done something really stupid. I fancied a girl on my course, we were just friends, not even close ones, but I decided to write down what I felt about her in a letter.
My friend passed it on to her, and apparently she and a friend fell about laughing.
When we next had our lessons, she was so angry and basically told me that how could I even think we could be an item, and anyway she had a boyfriend.
I was devastated, I physically felt I couldn't come into class and I've missed 2 weeks already..I spent the time crying at home.
Now after all my stupidity, I have to face her for the next 2 years on my course- I really don't know how to face her...I mean imagine being put in a group with her for some task!!
How am I going cope?

holy sh!t.

im taking by this you werent aware she had a boyfriend. man, she could have been nice and calm about it.

could you let the teachers know you dont want to interact with her?
Reply 2
thats real rough, buddy. jeez.
Honestly you just need to get it together and deal with it. Not going to lie if it’s been two weeks she has probably forgotten about it! Maybe they thought it was weird but youre going to be fine. Everyone does embarassibg things.. i got really drunk and cried in front of my ex and all his friends but I got back up dusted myself off and repressed it :wink: you should too
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies, really appreciated
It's so embarrassing- the less people and tutors on the course know the better!
I just feel I don't want to be anywhere around her- not because she doesn't love me back, I've accepted that- it just brings up all the hurt again...
Honestly, I've learnt a harsh lesson..never get involved with a girl on the same course as you....
By the time you get to college & uni you're kind of expected to be past the point of getting your mates to ask out girls and pass on soppy notes for you. To say nothing of you declaring love without even thinking to find out if they were seeing someone. It sucks to be rejected and mocked, but I can see why she couldn't take you seriously.
Just forget about it all! Pretend like it didnt happen and sp will everyone else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending