yarax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi all,

As I am starting my Master's degree at SOAS this autumn, I am currently looking for an accomodation in London.

Therefore I wanted to ask, which accomodation you would recommend to me as a postgraduate student. Personally I would looking for something lively, that is near SOAS, self catered and not too expensive.
My first thought was a one of the student halls, like Goldsmiths House or Paul Robeson House. Maybe anyone can share his experiences about that.
If it fits good to me and is affordable I would be also open for renting a room.

Any suggestionsare appreciated. Thx
passion_student
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, I read some negative reviews about Paul Robeson House. A few years back, there was a student strike due to issues including hygiene (rats and cockroaches were spotted), water leakage, and lack of hot water supply during the winter. Not sure if they have fixed these issues. Did you heard anything about this hall from recent tenant?
hy_heon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi

I'm also starting my Master's degree at SOAS in September and looking for accommodation in central London. I've also heard about negative comments about Paul Robeson House but their en-suite rooms are relatively cheaper than the other halls. Have you been able to find a solution ? I still haven't applied for any halls yet... Wondering If I should apply for Paul Robeson House or Helen Graham House..
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
are you guys still looking? I might have a place available to take over in a couple weeks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (220)
23.63%
Pop (231)
24.81%
Jazz (35)
3.76%